1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ok, I wanna see some pictures of these stories...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by smoore45, Dec 9, 2009.

1. smoore45

smoore45 Senior Member

So with all these threads about large properties, national maintenence companies and lowballers, we are getting a lot of stories. "I drove by a property that I lost this year and three old ladies were laying on the ground because it had been 10 hours and nobody showed up to salt." OR "The new guy doing the driveway I had for the last 20years broke ALL of the sprinkler heads on the first 2" storm" etc. etc. etc. I'm having a hard time believing the first storm of the year and everything goes exactly how YOU want it to go for the new lowballer in town. Who knows? Maybe its true...Well in this day and age, getting pictures of these scenarios is easy! (Grandview has a start with his "curb stake" pics) So put your money where your mouth is and SHOW US THE PICS! :yow!:

2. Jello1

Jello1 Senior Member

I always carry my digital camera in the truck. And since most cell phones have camera's you can act like you're on the phone and snap a pic. Plus pics to go along with stories on here is always a plus. You got my vote.

3. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

its only dec. 9 th.... give it time and the pics will come....weve seen some bad pics from big lots before but i have a feeling this season all the guys on the outside looking in will have a blast sharing something like this.....:drinkup:

Dsc_4453d70sm2.jpg

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Looks like Timmy was late getting to that lot to plow!

5. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

Oh no, Timmy got there!

He saw that mess and beat feet towards the horizon!

6. shovelracer

shovelracer Senior Member

It sure is, but sitting in front of someones house taking pictures isn't exactly looked highly upon either. Pics will come the season is just getting rolling for most of us.

7. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

i have three or four of our local wal-mart, ill post after we plow tomorrow...pics taken at 9 a.m. this morning

8. kickin'a

kickin'a Member
    from Iowa

I have one from our local walmart low baller but never posted a ppic here yet. Really niceleaving 2 big piles of snow right in the middle! WTF....... LOL I love it

9. AiRhed

AiRhed Senior Member

The "Wallmart low baller" near me did a primo job with good equipment....not sure how that works.

10. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Same companies are plowing our local Wal-marts as in the past. Been doing it for years.

11. smoore45

smoore45 Senior Member

Ok, let me clarify...pics do not have to be only Wallymart or USM properties. I don't want people getting arrested for stalking and I don't actually want pictures of hurt old ladies on the ground! LOL

12. shovelracer

shovelracer Senior Member

That's a shame because I almost witnessed one this morning across the street from my account. I would have gone to the building manager, but he has been getting poor service since the building was built so I'm pretty sure he is cheap. Besides he is jerk, he almost hit me this morning and a few times before with his mercedes while flying around a blind corner cutting through our lot.

I had to go look at my accounts this morning and will say that although I feel the new lowballer doesn't compare he didnt do as bad as it originally looked. A little soil makes a big mess. But who knows he might have been there after I saw it the first time.

I had to go peek on a few large lots this morning. The HD was getting salted, the walmart was real clean except for a pile that was left on a red curb, and the local clothing store had a few plowed in cars, trails and some pretty large sheets of ice. To the contractors side though that building always gets runoff in the same spot. More of a design flaw than a poor plowing issue.

This is the best I could get this morning. I need a new camera.

DSCN1371.jpg

DSCN1372.jpg

13. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

ahahahahahahahaha I seriously just started laughing out loud....ok I'm done.

14. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

Lets see all the Walmart lowballer plowing pics. There must be some after the Midwest blizzard.

15. Schuley

Schuley Senior Member

The Wal-Mart by me was one of the nicest lots i've seen from this last big storm.... Not usually the case though

16. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

haha, no more like his 89 jeepers was spinnin all 4 wheels, even though he calls it "the beast" with the 7' sport plow

and then so he called in his backup, the mighty 94 ford ranger 4x4 LOADED with 10 bags of salt in back for extra ballast and grunt... got stuck in a snow drift on that first turn....

So then he went home to get his crapsman tractor out with 40" tin can plow and 30 $5.00hr laborers to shovel the local home cheapo ! haha:)

10 days later, he is on plowsite posting his glory and how he made an amazing 10k for a big commercial site in 09-2010!

17. oman1999

oman1999 Senior Member

I have a story with no photo. I screwed the pooch on a bank wednesday night/tuesday morning.

Had never seen the property, wasn't flagged. Couldn't find a satelite map as it is new. Truck was too big for the lot (9 foot meyer plow on an extended cab f350). Couldn't get turned around anywhere.

Had to break it open, missed an entrance, hand shoveled the drive-throughs. Had to dispatch a smaller truck to clean up my mess. lol

Oh well, they called us because their "contractor" was not available and didn't answer the phone. Told em we'd break it open, but they were last on the list for clean-up.