1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ok i think it might be my wheel bearing

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by bru z71, May 4, 2010.

1. bru z71

bru z71 Senior Member

when i am driving like 30 ish and up if i turn left or right i get a not a grinding sound but some what of a sweak i did my changed my wheel bearings last yr any other ideas its a 2005 silverado 1500 z71 also i did my breaks last yr to its a little early for them to be shitting out allready ussmileyflag
  2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

U joints, or does it have CV joints
  3. sidthss

sidthss Senior Member
    from GR MI

Did you replace the bearings with good quality ones or go with the cheapo's?
  4. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

CV. Chevy has IFS :realmad: And those would be a grinding sound
  5. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Check your power steering fluid. If you have a small leak and it's low the it'll cause a squeak when turning then start to eventually squeal.. Hope this helps.
  6. bru z71

bru z71 Senior Member

i have u joints i no what that sounds like its some where in my front end it happens when i turn left and right at speeds or 30 plus
  7. bru z71

bru z71 Senior Member

****** wheel bearing did them last night
  8. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

haha yeah I had all for go on my 04 2500hd luckily 3 happened under warranty the fourth was not so luck but it was pretty easy changing them out.