1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ok here is mine need help..

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by razr777, Jan 24, 2012.

1. razr777

razr777 Senior Member
    from JERSEY

Ok new here not sure if this is the right place for this or not thanks for help in advance.

Ok this is what i got 07 dodge ram 3500 4x4 mega cab 6.7 diesel dually can you guys help me out with some info i want to buy within the next week.

How much ballast should i have in the back and i was going to use sand right now until i decide on a salter?

What plow should i get i'm either going toward the fisher xls or the blizzard 8100pp?

2. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

i would go with the xls but i am bias to fisher and about 800lbs would be fine

3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

X2, but I am in the same boat about fisher

4. razr777

razr777 Senior Member
    from JERSEY

Ya the xls is nice for the trip edge but the rubber edged wings not to keen on but i do like the chain so i can take it home if it breaks.

5. birddseedd

birddseedd PlowSite Veteran

so??? fisher xls is like the western wide out, but it has a trip edge?

6. razr777

razr777 Senior Member
    from JERSEY

More like the blizzard i ordered a 8100pp i hope it is worth it.

7. CuzMike

CuzMike Junior Member

I run 600# behind the axle. Built a frame out of 2X6 to keep them from shifting.