1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ok have a laugh on me

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by DJ Contracting, Feb 16, 2006.

1. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

I posted these pic's on my post Snow but i thought i would share in a new post some times when the wet snow gets slippery this can happen. also had a shot of one of my other trucks.

Good thing the snow stopped me. 16 2006 Storm 010.jpg

No traction. 16 2006 Storm 008.jpg

Thats deep. 16 2006 Storm 009.jpg

93' truck Feb 06. 16 2006 Storm 011.jpg
  2. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Close call i got a few like that.Its like stop.. Stop.. STOP!!!!! S$%T.....:help:
  3. DJ Contracting

Yeah it usually happens once a year either to me or one of my drivers on this lot you would think after plowing this lot for four years i would learn to slow (try) down.
  4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Did you have to go home, take a shower and change underwear?

Definately one of those "Oh, sh--" moments.
  5. DJ Contracting

No Mick (lol), like i said it's happen to me before i believe the first year i plowed the lot.
  6. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

It happens to us allpayup I managed last year to hit a sign and actually tear my tailgate open like a can opener in a lot by my self i plowed for 10 years. 2 years ago i backed in to a pole around 20 mile hour with nothing around. Just missed the salt spreader thank god.
  7. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

Joe...Joe...Joe, I've laughed so hard...I can't even say anything.
  8. DJ Contracting

Thanks Bob you should know where this place is it's on Euclid Ave. Great Lakes Lighting down by 7-11.
  9. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

That reminds me of one of mine from many, many years ago (1982? I think). I was 16 and house sitting for my grandparents (and runnign things on the farm - sort of) while they were in Florida for a month. I was using my grandfathers 1978 Chevy K-10 with a 7 1/2 Fisher Plow. We plowed the 3/4 mile dirt drive with the shoes on so we wouldn't dig up the dirt so we ended up with a nice icy driveway with high snow banks on each side and a 90 degree left hand turn 3/4 of the way in. It was New Years Day and my mom had just had an accident totalling her car that morning. I was on my way back to the farm in the plow truck and skidded right at the left hand turn and put the truck right off of a 4 foot high loading dock that was located on that turn for loading/unloading equipment onto/from high deck flat trailers. The only thing that kept the truck from rolling was the blade. You could stand up under the rear bumper on the driver's side and the right rear tire was on the ground. It took a Case 4wd tractor to pull that one out.

MOW ME OVER Senior Member

Hey Repo when did you move to sunny Florida or are you just on vacation for a while?
  11. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

"bout a month ago i came down here to work on a '63 impala ss convertible that another guy screwed up. Was supposed to just be 2 wks but hit a major disaster with this thing. In the time i've been here...i'v aquired 8 more classics or streetrods to do. Am currently doin' a '30 Ford coupe frame off and roddin' it out. will post pics in another thread. But to answer your question...i am thinking seriously of making this my permanent residence. Love the sunshine and beaches.
  12. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

As Homer would say...DOHHHHHH!
  13. DJ Contracting

I hear you NJ Plowman all i could do was laugh.
  14. Alaskanredneck

Alaskanredneck Junior Member
    from Alaska

I have seen a few, fortunatly not done them

a 2 year old dodge 3/4 ton backed over a well head at about 25mph hooked the transfer case exploded the trany, sheared the motor mounts pushing it into the radiator insurance totaled the truck, nocked the driver unconsious because he had his head sitcking out the window looking back, I had to crowl under the truck and cover the well with plastic because it was leaking trayn fluid down it

a friend was plowing with his 14G grader and missed the side of the driveway highcentering the front 8 ft of the grader, fortunatly he had a 966 handy to help get it out