1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

OK guys- need your experience/input on this setup

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by viniferaguru, May 13, 2016.

1. viniferaguru

viniferaguru Junior Member

My old fleet has been Chevy 2500HD's and switching over to FORD this purchase. Looking at the 2016 F350 XL turbo diesel. I have had reasonable success with Boss plows on the chevy. Anything I should know about Boss Plows up fitting to Ford trucks? Does the "plow package" from ford make up fitting easier?

I have always admired Western plows as well.. Does Western "match" better with Ford products? Gimme your thoughts

2. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Gm trucks are the best they've ever been right now, finally a 6k front axle, dual alternators, why switch?

3. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Always been a Ford/Western guy. Why settle for 2nd rate?

Does it make it easier? No, to all truck manufacturers.

Is it recommended by all manufacturers? Yes, is it beneficial? Yes, for a reasonable price too.

4. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Boss mounts on new fords withoot any drilling, wiring is a piece oof cake. Stick with Boss and you're going g to like the Ford.

5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Some of us are pros...............and some of us are wannabes. :laughing:

6. SHAWZER

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

Like BUFF said , easy job . I done mine in 3 hours , mount and wiring and trim bumper plastic . Oh , and 3 beer ......:D

7. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

"3" Beers.......... and you call yourself a Canadian......:drinkup::drinkup::drinkup::drinkup::drinkup::drinkup::drinkup::drinkup::drinkup::drinkup::drinkup::drinkup::drinkup::drinkup::drinkup::drinkup::drinkup::drinkup::drinkup::drinkup::drinkup::drinkup::drinkup::drinkup:

8. SHAWZER

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

Forgot the 1 , should of said 13 ....

9. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

I am offended.

10. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Yea right. Pretty sure it's going to take more than that.

11. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

How can you be offended by the site jester.....