1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ok guy and B&B i need some help

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by samjr, Jun 2, 2011.

1. samjr

samjr Senior Member

2500 hd clunk in rear-end I think=-( When going from D to R is bad from R to D not that bad anything on this ?all Us are ok had driveshaft out and all ok ?????????:yow!:

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

How much does the yoke/driveshaft rotate when the rear tires are on the ground and the trans in neutral?

3. BlizzardBeater

BlizzardBeater Senior Member
    from Maine

U joints can feel tight and still be bad. Did you check the front shaft u joints? Have somebody poke their head underneath while you cycle gears back and forth to help pinpoint the sound. I think it goes without saying, but please be careful not to run over your friend while under there!

4. samjr

samjr Senior Member

Wow

i need this part #12479061 here @ gm gos for 1421 + 15%tax + install :realmad:

Ok GMC is bad
    So now Gm tells me they cant tell what size i need 10.5 ring gear or 11.5 :realmad:
    They said i got to take it apart and put a Measuring Tape on it like WHAT gm
    the 10 is $1421 and the 11 is 1721 come on.
    I told them my truck still drives so i need it i can rip it apart to Measure it and then wate for the parts to come for a week :mad:

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

That part must be the carrier/differential? Should be able to get a used one.
    Take it to another shop that does transmission or driveline work

6. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

If its a 6.0, you have the 10.5" diff. If its a Duramax, the 11.5". The one that confuses me is the 8.1. At that point, you look at the cover and the location of the fill plug. The 10.5" has a fill plug cast into the diff, on the right side of the housing, and the 11.5" has a fill plug in the cover.

7. samjr

samjr Senior Member

thank u

that's a cool way on knowing thanks alot man :mechanic:

Sorry guys it a 6.0

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  8. samjr

samjr Senior Member

heres a pic i got

just a note on this i got a pic

041124TC05-630.jpg