1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ok Boys and Girls! Let's get a little light hearted!

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Mahumba, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Mahumba

Mahumba Junior Member

I have seen great info here and was able to diagnose and fix my issues.

Here's what I want to discuss. We all have been into some kinda mess while plowing. We all have got stuck or been in some kind of situation that was frustrating or funny. (If you haven't then you haven't been removing snow long enough!!!!)

Here's a couple that I have been involved with.

I live right on a lake here in Thunder Bay Ont. Canada. I was plowing a road on the ice for myself so I could ice fish the next day. I had made my main swath then I was winging the snow to the right. That all went well. I backed up and I was starting to wing the snow to the left. I went about 100 yards and the front end of the truck busted through the ice.The water was over 100 feet deep at this spot. The only thing that held me up was the blade! Another truck was able to jerk me out but let me tell ya my heart was pounding!

Another one is a lady was begging me to free her driveway of snow. I was getting ready to attend a wedding. I had a dress shirt and a tie on but I wore red sweat pants to hurry and remove the snow from her drive way. It was a long driveway drifted in by windy weather. I almost made it to the end but the snow rolled over the top of the blade and I was stuck. I got out and started shoveling the snow out from between the blade and the truck so I could reverse. All of a sudden it felt like a 400 pound man booted me in the rearend and my shoulder slammed into the plow pump and grill which is plasic and I shattered it. The wind was knocked out of me. I layed there for a second and looked behind me. SHE OWNED A GOAT!!! Man that thing hit me hard on the ass. I was so pissed I swung my shovel at it. I missed and hit the side of the truck and dented the side 1/4 panel! She was trying to say sorry but she was laughing to hard!!! DON'T WEAR red sweat pants around goats!!!

So, there. A couple of mishaps that happened to me. I'm sure you people have at least one or two so let's here about them! You gotta laugh at them now so share them!

Roger

2. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

well the story about the lake is downright scarey!! I hate being on ice, unless I know it's froze clear to the bottom...lol
    I can't help but laugh about the goat though I do feel your pain...:jester:

Years ago I was jacking up a basement and one of the cement filled lolli columns behind me fell and knocked me unconcious, I'm not exactly sure how long I was out but I always felt as though it was only a minute or two.

I was asked to go look at a job one time and when I got to the house, no one seemed to come to the door so I let myself in only to find a very atractive lady on the back deck sunbathing nude! I couldn't wait to start that job..LOL

3. Mahumba

Mahumba Junior Member

"I was asked to go look at a job one time and when I got to the house, no one seemed to come to the door so I let myself in only to find a very atractive lady on the back deck sunbathing nude! I couldn't wait to start that job..LOL"

Hell!!!! That's better than my goat story! Ha Ha HA! But when I asked about plowing, I meant SNOW REMOVAL!!!!

Roger