1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ok, Boss plow experts

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by vincent, Nov 1, 2008.

1. vincent

vincent Senior Member

Can anyone tell me whats wrong with picture?

One bar is brand new just got it, the other was damaged in shipping. Plow is 1 yr old, poly 7.6 sport duty.

Now what should I do? Return or just fix the old one. The passenger side HL plate is bent. Can it be straightened? It like bent in a way like it was twisted.

Or ???????

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

One thing I see that is wrong, look at the mounting brackets where the bar bolts to the tower, those are different widths, and also look at the left side mounting hole for the headlights. Theres a big hole on the one side. If you know of anyone with a torch you can heat it up and always beat it back into shape and just repaint it. Why did you need a new one to begin with?
  3. vincent

vincent Senior Member

Ok here's the deal, something crushed the passenger side HL in shipping. I thought it was just the light that was damaged. But further review indicated that the plate that holds the HL was twisted and the TS was damaged by the lightbar being crushed also.

With all the back & forth communication with fedex and the not so best customer service with ES. I think I will just straighten the plate, send the new bar back and be done with it.
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Have to wonder why they sent you a light bar for a 10 footer when you have a sport duty. Miscommunication somewhere along the line possibly? :confused:

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I was thinking that samething. I didn't know it was for the 10 foot plows though. Somebody made a fung up