1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Oil Well Salt Brian

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by BowTieDmax, Jan 27, 2011.

1. BowTieDmax

BowTieDmax Senior Member

Does anyone know if its legal to use?? I know some citys are using it and they dump it on dirt roads all summer long to keep the dust down, but can I use it on a parking lot for ice??
    Im gonna start using it but Im just trying to find out for sure if its legal??

2. turn54

turn54 Senior Member

something to consider

I would do a test area first. I think i read somewhere here that natural well brines from the petroleum industry have residual that gives a slippery effect to the surface. Not sure of the legal aspect. I have not heard of it being illegal.

3. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Who's Brian? :alien:

4. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

:salute:

prsport

5. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

O .................................................................................................................................... :laughing:

6. dellwas

dellwas Senior Member

Don't know, but apparently he's salty :laughing:

7. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

How Mulch Brian do you Need................................:confused:

Or Did You Mean Brine..............................................:eek:

8. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

Hey who said my name? I'm brian.

9. BowTieDmax

BowTieDmax Senior Member

I knew I would catch heck for spelling it like that. Anyhow, I have been testing it and it works really good. I am thinking of pre wetting my rock salt. I am hoping it might cut back on some rock salt usage. Ive got a really good source for the "Brine". Im gonna get the Snow Ex pre wet system next week and see how it goes.

10. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

I know some people that use it and it works good. They say it doesnt work under 10-15F but good rock salt replacement