1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

oil spray truck/plow

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by jbart06, Oct 31, 2015.

1. jbart06

jbart06 Member

Thinking of oil spraying my truck this year what would anyone recommend? I have found the "fluid film" product seems pricy but sounds like the best thing on the market. Friends of mine simply spray old trans fluid on their vehicles and are completely rust free but do not have any old fluid laying around. Also to add on to this I have a brand new wideout on the truck--cant hurt to spray that as well correct????

2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I swear by Fluid Film. Our 06 was brand new when we bought it and I took out the body plugs, sprayed everything down every other year until a few years ago and it just now is starting to show signs of rust and thats where the paint started flaking off around the wheel wells in a few small spots and it's been a plow/salt truck since new. Whatever you decide to use make sure you remove the body plugs, even the third brake light lens and get into those areas good. When I spray I use a cheap spray gun with a rubber hose thats like 2ft long and that seems to get into all the areas.