1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Oil smell in cab of 2003 Chevy...

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Frozen001, Oct 30, 2004.

1. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

I know this is off topic, but my father has a 2003 Silverado 1500 ext. cab, and he has this strange oil smell inside the cab. He is not the original owner, so I am looking to see if anyone else has experienced this. It is not a burnt oil smell more like raw oil almost like someone spilled an oil container in it, but there are no signs of this (i.e. no stain).

Thanks

2. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

When was the oil changed last?

3. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

I do not know for sure, but I think it was a while ago. It was long enough that he did not associate the two.

4. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

The only reason why I ask is because on the NBS silverado's the filter and drain plug are close to the skid plate and cross member, if you are not careful, you can spill quite a bit of used oil up there.

5. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Ya I know, I had a 2000 sierra that had the oil on the skid plate problem(I still wonder why nobody noticed the design problem and fix it right away after all they just needed to put a notch in the plate), but I never had a problem with the cab smelling like raw oil.