1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

oil question

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by james.j.smith, Jan 19, 2011.

1. james.j.smith

james.j.smith Senior Member
    from 19033

What type of oil would you recommend in a ford f250 with 152000 miles 351 engine?
  2. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

whatever it says on the oilcap......
  3. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

Castoral Brand Motor Oil....

I agree, what ever it says on the cap, 10w30 I think it takes.
    But what ever you use, go with castoral

My dad owns a Pennzoil oil change, for 25 years.
    I live in Valvoline Central (Ashland Oil, Ashland Ky, 100 miles away)

But its castoral or nothing....Had nothing but good luck with it, and I am hard on vehicles.
  4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Napa oil is what we use
  5. james.j.smith

james.j.smith Senior Member
    from 19033

the oil cap doesn't say anything. I was thinking of taking it for a chane today and was going to put in 10w-40 high milage oil.
  6. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

Napa motor oil = Valvoline Motor Oil. (or at least Ashland Oil Company which is Valvoline)

99% sure this is true.
  7. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

the high milage oil is not worht the money, its just a sales pitch...

do a search online for the weight oil it calls for, but you should be fine with 10w30 or 40.

One thing is use what ever brand you have been using. (never had a broblem wiht castoral), but I have seen and heard of vehicles that start having problems after changing the brand oil (all oil is different). I have seen them smoke, rattle, knock and lock up.
    So far not had this happen with castoral, but not saying that it will not.
    its like they get addicted to it, or become used to it.

My buddy uses Havoline, swares by it. his motors last forever and he runs them hard....
  8. Chipper

Chipper Member

Mobil 1 or Rotella Syn 5w-40w. I know the Rotella is a diesel oil but I still use it in my high mileage gas engines..