1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Oil Pressure reading full scale

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by CJP, Feb 20, 2002.

1. CJP

CJP Junior Member
    from VT

Another couple of questions for you guys.
    My oil press always reads full high, I had the dash off to replace a bulb and it did not move even when disconnected. The panel is all electric with disc gauges (not needles).
    My other question is that my odometer does not work, speedometer works fine. Any ideas?
  2. CJP

CJP Junior Member
    from VT

Sorry, forgot to mention that it is a 88 chevy2500
  3. Sndun

Sndun Member

Wow, what a coincidence. While out replacing the radiator on my father's '88 1500 today, I noticed the temp gauge wasn't working. Reads max with ignition on and off. Grounding the wire doesn't make a change either. I'm stumped as well but I'm sure someone here will have the answer we're looking for.
  4. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Another coincidence here, my speedometer and odometer is not working right now. Just broke last week, probably because the cable got frozen. Going to get it fixed tomorrow.

That's odd, your speedometer is working but not the odometer? The cable have all components inside it and if something break, then nothing should be working? :confused: I'm not a mechanic but that is some stuff I recently heard about.
  5. CJP

CJP Junior Member
    from VT

The dash is all electric, therefore there is no mechanical cable like most older cars. Inside the dash is an electric motor which I assume runs the odometer. Does anyone have any troubleshooting tips? Or should I leave well enough alone?