1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

oil pressure on ford f-250

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by airtime, Dec 8, 2010.

1. airtime

airtime Member

my 2000 F-250 with a V-10 has a pressure gauge in dash - stock - that is jumping around from low to high and the dummy light comes on when it hits low. any ideas on what this could be? the truck has 101,000 miles on it and the fluids are fresh and full.

2. EvenCutLawnCare

EvenCutLawnCare Senior Member

pobably an issue with your oil pump. Just had mine fail with 107,000 and trashed my motor

3. ROsborne

ROsborne Junior Member

Could possibly be the sensor. I had an 2001 v10 that did the same thing. Changed the sensor and problem solved. If you were losing oil pressure, lifters would be ticking and rods would possibly start knocking but that would be a failed pump, the main bearings and the rod bearings are the first parts of the engine to be lubed. I had an instructor in tech school that used to work for Ford designing the 97 and newer engines and he told us that the oil pressure gage on the 97 and newer vehicles minus the heavy duty's, the oil pressure gage would read normal at 3 pounds of oil pressure because of people complaining of the needle moving. I dont know but I like seeing my pressure gage move and letting me know how much oil pressure i have.