1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Oil pressure gauge stepper motor

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by leigh, Jan 18, 2012.

1. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

The oil pressure gage on my 05 4500 is acting up. Looked at gage while plowing other day and noticed the needle was pointing down ,6 o'clock position. Then moved to 4.
    The needle still moved, just wrong spot. Has anyone pulled gage cluster out and
    fixed yourself. If i send for repair can i drive truck without it.Thanks

2. JimACM

JimACM Junior Member

There is a place in MI that does very good work and does a LOT of repairs for dealers
    http://www.specmo.com/ customer service 800.545.7910

On a 2002 silverado we did remove the cluster and did still drive the truck without any problems ..Usually for a price they will replace all the stepper motors not just the bad one .
    We were very happy with them.
    If your 4500 is the same as a 2500 there are four screws and 1 plug after you pry off the dashboard face

3. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Thanks for suggestion and info i"ll check it out.

4. JimACM

JimACM Junior Member

With us taking the cluster there and picking it up (no shipping) it cost $200.00 with all new stepper motors