1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Oil pressure gauge goes to zero

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Barkleymut, Feb 11, 2003.

1. Barkleymut

Barkleymut PlowSite Veteran

I loaded up the wife and kids today to go out to lunch and as I got to the bottom of the driveway I saw the check gauges light on. The darn oil pressure gauge was at zero. I just changed the oil a few days ago so I thought Oh crap I didn't put the drain plug or oil filter in tight enough. So I checked the dipstick and the level was fine. I thought it may just be the gauge so I started up the car again and the needle went right to where it should have. It did jump around a little within the ok range. After a minute it worked perfectly. So, is some sensor not working, is there a wire loose, computer on the fritz?

BTW this is my wifes 2000 Explorer w/ 4.0 SOHC. I come to ya'll to diagnose the Ford problems because I know it gives you great joy.

I'm the proud owner of a 2003 Silverado 2500HD.
  2. snowflake

snowflake Member

sounds like mite be a bad sendin unit or bad connection at sendin unit. best is tooo put manual gauge on it and ckeck it that way to see if sendin unit is bad