1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

oil pans

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by bb45, Jan 1, 2013.

1. bb45

bb45 Member
    from waverly

we had 2 oil pans leaking real bad front right corner of the low sump part on both last storm 5 liters in an hour in mine and another guy let his go dry { not too sharp } company wrench fixed them both over nite with some 2 part epoxy got us going for morning salt run anyone know where to get a good deal on new pans dodge wants almost $700 plus gaskets and cummins wants around 600 with gaskets we have 7 more that arn't leaking yet so you all may want to check yours as well
  2. Chiputz

Chiputz Senior Member

I find most of my parts on eBay. New 4bt oil pans are around 175. I don't know about the other variations of Cummins engines but I saved $285 on rearend clutches for a limited slip differential that our local Dodge dealer wanted to sell me for $350, got them for $65 from a Dana dealer online.
  3. bb45

bb45 Member
    from waverly

we fixed temp fixed both leaks one with seal all and one with 2 part epoxy one started to leak again the other day not sure witch one it went to cummins today $1200 parts in. and theres another one leaking now check your oil pans guys back right corner on all 3 of ours
  4. edgeair

edgeair Senior Member

Yes, no jobber parts available for certain years on those pans. I got mine through cummins for my 04.5 last week, set me back about $500 plus tax for pan and gasket. Dodge dealer wanted about $500 for the pan plus another $50 for the gasket.

The Dodge dealer also told me that the part number on their pan had been superseded and you needed all new bolts (32 @ $3.00 each!!!). Cummins laughed and said same part number as when the engine rolled off the line.... Surely Dodge wouldn't be getting a different spec pan from Cummins???

On another note, you guys will be real good at changing your pans by the time you are done with that fleet!
  5. bb45

bb45 Member
    from waverly

if they would only fail in the summer lol
  6. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

Geno's Garage. 89-93= $450, 94-02= $150, yes $150, 03-07=$450. Note in catalog says 94-02 may fit 89-01 call for details.
  7. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

i coat my pans with sprayable truck bed liner as needed I alsp do my brake,fuels,trans lines and the frame too
  8. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

I paid $210 for my cummins 24valve oil pan and gasket at Cummins Northeast here in MA
  9. edgeair

edgeair Senior Member

Yes, the price varies wildly with the particular year/serial no. of the engine. Prior to about 03-04 it seems that they are dirt cheap. After that you are looking at about $500 as a general rule.