1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

oil pan rust?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by icebreaker, Feb 5, 2015.

1. icebreaker

icebreaker Member

First of all I'm asking a question for a buddy in the business he has several ford trucks various motor combinations but the latest is a f550 with a v10 year 2010 and the damn oil pans are rusting through any fixes or remedies for this not to happen or is this common on the blue ovals, note he does do a great deal of preventive maint and truck is under coated
  2. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

if its rusting chances are salt is sitting on it most guys don't remember to clean it well. i use a fan style lawn sprinkler under my truck for an "underbody wash" seams to help out a lot.
  3. dellwas

dellwas Senior Member

At least 3 threads on here about rusting Ford oil pans. Do a search on user Damien. He makes a kit that covers the F series oil pans. If memory serves me correctly it's a poly shell that is glued on with a marine grade glue. He also has two youtube videos in which he does one. I think he's in Mass., but will ship the kits anywhere.

Update: Damien's contact info. is in this thread:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  4. 3bladz

3bladz Senior Member

I fiber glassed one once.