1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

oil pan replacement on 2000 k3500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by bgingras, Nov 9, 2007.

1. bgingras

bgingras Senior Member

Ok, looking under the truck it looks like I have room to drop the pan, but I really don't want to back myself into a corner with this. Has anyone replaced the pan on a 2000 k3500 with a 5.7? I am trying to find the procedure for this.
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The pan won't just come down...the front diff is in the way..and you can't lift the engine high enough to remove it either, (especially if it's a manual trans truck). But if you pull all the bolts out of the front diff (except the rear most bolt under the pinion yoke), you can roll the diff assembly forward and down enough to get the pan off. This way is also the GM recommend procedure for pulling the pan...

But other than having to lower the diff, it's a pretty straight forward job, and the one piece pan gaskets that the '86-up small blocks use make this job a whole bunch easier when doing it in the truck..