1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Oil Pan R&R 81 F250 4X4

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by PBC IN BUFFALO, Nov 26, 2002.

1. PBC IN BUFFALO

PBC IN BUFFALO Junior Member

I need to Replace an oil pan on a 81 ford f250 4x4 and I was hoping for the "easy way out" although I do not believe there is one. At this point in time all I believe I can do is Lift the block which I havent a clue how to do so as I dont twist or break anything. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated also Im in no big rush its a back up truck for my back up .

2. paul soccodato

paul soccodato Senior Member

disconnect the motor mounts, put a block of wood on top of your jack , put the jack under the oil pan, and jack up.

3. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Maybe im wrong, but if he jacks the motor up, using the oil pan, how will he get the oil pan off to replace it? :D :D Mike

4. paul soccodato

come on mike, do i have to explain the whole job?
    after you jack up the engine (from the oil pan), hold it up somewhere else!

5. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

I like addin my 2 cents here and there. Plus you dont have to tell me the whole job, its him that needs the help. haha :D Mike :drinkup:

6. paul soccodato

i know, your only breakin stones

7. long0

long0 Senior Member

You might also want to consider removing (loosen) the tranny cross member bolts. Transmissions don't bend very well. ;)

8. paul soccodato

thats a good point, although if it has a rubber trans mount, it should be ok

9. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

Just did mine in my 93 f-250 351 4x4 was pretty easy actually. Take the 2 motor mount bolts off than take the 2 trans bolts off, dissconect fan shroud and any other wires or lines that are not going to take the stretch. Put a wod block under the crank pully and raise up until somthing hits, than block it up, we went off the manifolds to the frame. With heat we were able to remove the 2 nuts from the pipe on the D/S manifold, and cut the pipe where it strightens out next to the trans. Your going to have to remove the oil pump and pick up with the pan in place. I recomend changing the pump and pick up while its in your hand, there not that expensive.:waving: good luck