1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Oil level

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by horsepowerlawns, Feb 11, 2007.

1. horsepowerlawns

horsepowerlawns Member

I need to add oil to my pump.
    I have the fill hole at the rear.
    I don't have a oil level or drain hole.
    I do have a hole on above the valve manifold. Is that the level hole?

[​IMG]

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

No, that's not a fluid level plug.It's the test port for the lift cylinder. Just fill it through the rear fill port until the fluid level is just up to the threads at the bottom of the hole.Also, make sure the lift ram is all the way down before you top it off or it'll end up being over full.

3. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Is there any thing wrong with over filling it? I was filling it up today b/c it was low. And I came up to about a 1/2 inch from the top. I put the cap back on and the raised the plow up and down a couple of times and left and right. It looked like it stayed the level stayed the same.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You just want to leave a little room for fluid expansion and any air to separate from the fluid, but 1/2 in is ok.

5. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

I just went out there to take some out.. It is about an 1 1/2 down now. Thanks