1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Oil for ir compressor

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by kawasaki guy, Oct 11, 2016.

1. kawasaki guy

kawasaki guy Senior Member

I have a 1979 Ingersoll Rand p-100-w-w air compressor I fixed up over the winter to use for sprinkler system blowouts, and having issues buying oil for it.

According to the manual for the compressor pump, I need one of the oils in the diagram below. Issue is, they are all extinct, and I can’t find them. What would I buy for it at the auto parts store? I was thinking Dexron III trans fluid, but not sure. I would need 4-5 gallons of oil for it.

Also, on the White G1600 engine, it says for temps above 40, to use “30” oil under the velocity line. What would buy for that?

Thanks!

compressor oil.png

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

A 10w- 30 for the engine,as it has the Vis of a 30 at running temps.

What aboot a syenthic engine oil for the comp?
    Much cheaper than tranny fLuid.

Jmo

3. kawasaki guy

Thanks.

Not worried about the price, so might as well go with what is speced. Will get 10w-30 for the engine.

Now it is not starting either. Ran great yesterday, and then the battery died. So I unhooked it and charged it, and then it would run for a second, and die, now it just keeps turning, and nothing. Flooded last 2 times I tried. Have light in my in line spark tester, so maybe I fouled the plugs when it flooded.

4. kawasaki guy

Running again. Got engine oil and filter at Advance, but did not have a 5 gallon bucket of Dexron oil. Will try Napa in the am.

FYI, if anyone is looking for an oil filter for a White / Hercules G1600, the Fram PH8A is works on it.