1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Oil for Curtis

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by estalzer, Dec 15, 2007.

1. estalzer

estalzer Junior Member

Can anyone help me find curtis oil for curtis plows? Or is there a substitute out there. I use a sno pro 3000 on my jeep cherokee.
    Thanks!:confused:

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

oil shortage

you can use western ,boss,meyer's oil no problem curtis is just orange

3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

call the store thats what i do or do a dealer lookup

4. estalzer

estalzer Junior Member

Thanks much

5. estalzer

estalzer Junior Member

Thanks plowman, but I'm trying to find a store closer to me. The Curtis that installed my plow is no longer in business.

6. tc21

tc21 Member

I just changed the fluid in my curtis and added the after market blue fluid. It runs great. Also MB Tractor and Equiptment in Plaistow is a dealer. They will have parts. Also Curtis is located in MA. If you need to call them.

7. estalzer

estalzer Junior Member

Thanks! Thats the same stuff I used. Actually purchased it from MB when they had their store in Northwood.

8. makplow

makplow Senior Member

How old is your plow? if it is still under the manufacturer warranty you might want too make sure you use the proper oil or they won't back you if any damage occurs. The Factory is right down in Worcester and they have a factory outlet where they maintain and sell parts if needed, You could take a ride down and check out the store and buy enough oil too last a couple of years at the same time, You could even schedule a maintenance service before you head down, They are real efficiant and you will be in and out in no time.
    good luck.

Mak.

9. estalzer

estalzer Junior Member

Thanks! The plow is 4 years old and I live about 130 mi from Worcester. But I've been thinking it might be worth the drive anyway.

10. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

The old series 2000 models used atf?

11. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Any hydraulic fluid with an AW rating will work..

Even in older plows that called for atf will work better with a higher quality of fluid when the temps drop.