1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Oil Cooler

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by snowescape, Jan 17, 2009.

1. snowescape

snowescape Junior Member

So I just finished replacing all of the O-rings and gaskets on my F-250 7.3 non-turbo oil cooler. To say the least, I NEVER want to do that again! A pain in the rear to get to, pain to pull off, pain to clean, pain to put back on, and a pain to flush and refill the oil and coolant.

Has anybody else done this on their 7.3? I couldn't find an easier way to get to it than to put it on a lift, unbolt the drivers side motor mount, jack up the engine, and move a few things around. Anybody else know an easier way that I could have done it?

2. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

I have done them and you did it the right way. I really don't think removing and replacing it is all that bad. The coolant/oil flushes suck, I used Dawn dish soap to clean it out. Making darn sure the caps stay straight while pressing them on is a pain. Be careful screwing the block heater in I saw one that cocked the cap when tightening the block heater.