1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Oil cooler

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Boutallnite, Dec 13, 2004.

1. Boutallnite

Boutallnite Senior Member

Hey guys,
    I was looking through Ebay.com and found this things that supposedly keeps the engine iol cooler.

HEre is the link:
    Oil Cooler

Tell me what you think, is this for real or BS and would it actualy help when plowing?
  2. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

I would not waste my time with it. Make sure you have a aux tranny cooler if it is a automatic and install a thicker radiator if you have cooling issues because drag and weight wise that is a big overload for stock cooling system.
  3. Boutallnite

Boutallnite Senior Member

I am OK with not everheating, I was just wondering.

Although, I did have my fuel pump stop working on me a few times. After letting it cool for five minutes it would start working again. And also when I changed the relay for it.
  4. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

The fuel pump overheating and stopping seems to be not that uncommon in those vehicals with plows
  5. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

That ebay kit is a joke, how much do you really think that is going to do.

i run a derale kit that i got from the local speed shop, i picked up about 10psi at idle and about 5 on the top end.
    The one i have you get get out of Jc whitney also, it is around a 1o0 bucks. Basically an adapter is mounted to oil filter pad and has two hoses, one goes to cooler than the other back, it only works when oil is warm enough (can't remem temp) the cooler basically is just about the size of a medium duty tranny cooler.
    Any extra oil makes a difference in cooling and keeps it from loosing its lubricity (breaking down) as soon