1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Oil Cooler Lines PITA!!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by greyst1, Jan 2, 2011.

1. greyst1

greyst1 Member
    from 44720

Did you guys have to lower the transfer case to snake the new ones through? The POS truck is an 02 2500hd. I pulled the front plastic wheel well to get to the bolt on the block, loosened up the transfer case and it lowered maybe an half an inch down. But I still don't see enough room to snake the new lines through. To get the old ones out, I just cut them in half and pulled...all help appreciated!

2. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Why didn't you just pull them out the front? You made it hard on yourself. Just did them on the 99' last Wednesday took 30min (on a hoist)

3. greyst1

greyst1 Member
    from 44720

How did you pull them through the front with the manifold on the lines? Theres not enough clearance...and how did you feed the new lines in? From the front or rear of the engine?

4. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Just looked up the lines for your truck on Napa, mine are 2 single lines. Maybe pull the motor mount? I'll ask a buddy tomorrow... I just sent him a text

Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  5. antdog600

antdog600 Member

just did this tonight, remove: fan shroud, fan, 2 motor mount bolts, jack engine about 1/2" and they will come out of the rear. did this as mine looked a bit wet, but nothing on the ground. just didnt want to get stranded anywhere. started it up, ran for about 5-10 minutes, now no oil pressure.......any suggestions?

6. antdog600

antdog600 Member

oilpump went out, freaky coinky dink huh! oilpump,waterpump, timing set, pulley bolt,hoses,clamps belts,fluids,= me not making the money i did last 2 days.
    for those that are about to attempt this, forget trying to get the pickup bolt out with the pan on. for the extra 30 minutes it takes just drop the panand crossmember!

7. antdog600

antdog600 Member

this was all on 03 1500hd. nothing looked funky, or broken, i havent taken pump apart yet to inspect the "check" or spring.