1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Oil Change?

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by 600rrpilot, Sep 11, 2009.

1. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

Can anyone point me to a step by step or maybe do a lil write up on how to change the hydraulic oil on a sno pro? I wanna do this asap so im not rushing around when it starts to fly.ussmileyflag

2. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

no one? really?

3. berkshire

berkshire Junior Member

I changed mine last year and it was pretty easy. You will need a set of open end wrenches and a allen key for the drain on the bottom(dont remember sizes). I just opened the top plug and unscrewed the allen key plug from the bottom(didnt come out easy) and let it drain out into a shallow pan. Replaced the bottom plug and filled it up with around a quart and a half of fluid, about 1/2 inch from the top is what i believe they recommend. Hooked it up to my truck and raised ,lowered and turned it side to side a few times and i was all set. I dindn't have to bleed anything out. I also took apart and cleaned all the electrical connections and sprayed them with fluid film before replacing the plastic cover. Hope this helps

4. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

it does. thanks you very much. I kinda want to do a complete fluid exchange + clean the filter.

5. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

any other tips for draining the entire system?

6. berkshire

berkshire Junior Member

Didn't drain the entire system, don't think there is a need to unless you see condensation or dirt in the oil. I also didn't get into cleaning the filter I believe it is hard to get at and clean, but check, I could be wrong. I will look into this also.