1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Oil Change on 2008 f-250 v-10

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by sharpcutlc, Jan 18, 2008.

1. sharpcutlc

sharpcutlc Junior Member

ok this might sound dumb, i have 2 other f-250's both 2001 and i change the oil and filter every 3,000. I also have a 2008 f-250 v-10 and do not know when to change the oil. the book says 7,500, dealer says 5,000. got it changed today at 5,000 and they put a sticker on the window for the next change at 7,000. what do i do?

2. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

I didn't know you could change the oil on the new trucks at without a computer.:)

3. KATTRANSPORT

KATTRANSPORT Senior Member

Dealerships make there own maintence schedules. The newer Fords come with semi synthetic oils so that is supost to make oil changes less frequent. I would go for the 3k rule of thumb. My diesel;s get it ever 5k gas every 3k

4. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

If you're using synthetic oil, then every 5,000 miles is good. Otherwise, do it every 3,000 miles. Your manual gives the oil change schedule if you want to take a look. Just make sure to look for the V-10 schedule and not the 5.4 schedule. FYI, I have the 08 V-10. Great engine.

5. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

Be sure to check the specs in the manual for the oil. I recommend at least every 3 months or 3K.

6. TEX

TEX Senior Member

isnt every 3 months or 3K a little over kill vor todays engines. the 3k maybe if your working them with non-synthetic oil but 3 months??????

if your using a good synthetic like amsoil or mobil 1 id say 5k for a min and up to 10K+ for amsoil

7. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Keep in mind they Ford schedule is set at normal service. Severe duty may be less. The company I work for has the service length set at 7,000 for PSD's. But our squads never get cold. I would cut the service miles lower for trucks that cool off to cold every night.
    You might go through an ungodly amount of oil each month but never replace an engine.
    Follow your service length recommendation.