1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ohio

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by scagster, Mar 11, 2005.

1. scagster

scagster Member
    from n.ohio

how much did the rest of you ohio guys get last night and today

2. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Dusting to one inch here. It melted when it hit the lots and streets. We have been placed under a snow advisory for tonight until 6 am for 1-3 inches. I will believe that when I see it. Lately they have been way off down here.

JP

3. DaveOhio

DaveOhio Member

Akron

1 5/8" of sticky snow. Just enough to plow and salt.

It's been a better than average year.

David

4. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Just started snow here with a heavy snow shower. Grass is now covered. This snow is not even from the system that is to come later on tonight.

5. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

waiting for snow

just a half inch overnite last nite but 1-3 possible tonight got my fingers crossed :waving: Need to get rid of some salt ....... payup

6. EJK2352

EJK2352 Senior Member

I got a good 3" snowfall last night. I have a 2" trigger, so needless to say it was a good plowing day!!!

7. scagster

scagster Member
    from n.ohio

we got about 3 here in lorain county, sopposed to get 1-3 tonight also

8. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

1" 1/2 to 2" here, I'm kinda upset, had to sit this one out :cry: . The Rear end went out in my truck, the gears are in the pan.. So I went out with the side walk guy, to check the lots.. Made me remember how much I like my side walk man LOL, Parts are comeing from Summit, there be here monday $400. O well I was able to do paper work, and spend time with the sweet thing :drinkup:

9. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

1.5 -2 "

we got about the same here in cincy got to put down some salt and try my new wings love them now. put down about 2 tons and was done about 730 so iam happy... payup payup payup

10. JRSlawn

JRSlawn Senior Member

3/12 akron gets pounded! Good call with the light dusting weather man. I went out salted at 12:00 some light fluries wake up at 2 no snow wake up at 5 and there must have been close to 3 inches allready on the ground and white out conditions. I bet we got close to 5-6. Just stopped at home here to take a piss and get the emails back to plowing I go. :eek:

11. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Cleveland area got about 2-3".

12. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I was out the mornings of 3/11 and 3/12 we got at least 3" each time,cool snow, stuck together and was real movable. Broke nothing ,made money, good two days!
    Bourbon and coke is in order tonight!

13. scagster

scagster Member
    from n.ohio

same here mick, its really been a super year,these last two events were just perfect

14. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Well after looking at the plow I did break a trip spring on the pass side. I do a nursing home that has craters on one end of the complex,that must be the place I did it. I just hope we get the last big lake effect storm this March!
    One of my computers needs it's own copy of XP windows and a new hard drive to make it really cook! Last years lake effect bought the whole system.