1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ohio Weather

Discussion in 'Weather' started by stcroixjoe, Jan 24, 2007.

1. stcroixjoe

stcroixjoe Senior Member

Friday Afternoon.

A Cold Front Will Move Across The Area Tonight. This Will Be
    Followed By An Arctic Cold Front Thursday Which Will Usher In Much
    Colder Conditions Across The Area. Lake Effect Snow Showers Will
    Develop Late Tonight As The Colder Air Moves Over Lake Erie.
    Heavier Lake Effect Snow Showers And Snow Squalls Are Possible
    Thursday Into Thursday Night. The Snow Will Gradually End From
    The West On Friday As High Pressure Moves Into The Area.

A Widespread 2 To 5 Inches Of Snow Is Expected Across Northeast
    Ohio And Northwest Pennsylvania By Daybreak Thursday. Up To A Foot
    Of Snow Is Possible Across The Erie Lake Shore And The Northern
    Portions Of Summit...portage And Trumbull Counties By Friday
    Afternoon...with Up To 2 Feet Of Snow Possible Across The Higher
    Elevations Of The Snowbelt.

A Lake Effect Snow Watch Means That Significant Winter Weather Is
    Possible In Localized Areas Within The Next 36 Hours. Stay Tuned
    To Noaa Weather Radio And Other Radio And Tv Stations For Further
    Details Or Updates.

2. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Will see.

They forecast this type of weather alot lately and we don't get any snow out of it. All we can do is hope. I live in the heart of the snow belt and it would be great if we get it. And I still am available to help anyone out in Lake and Ashtabula or Geauga county's. Steve

3. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Yeah, the last big 1 footer left us with maybe 3 inches. Keep your fingers crossed.

4. MRUSSELL

MRUSSELL Member

lake affect snow is good just doesn't produce any for counties like mansfield hope it gets here some time soon i would even settle for 2" of snow

5. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Man is it snowin good here!!!!:D There is about 2-4 on the ground right now and more to comepayup

6. Jderr

Jderr Junior Member

hey how about sending some down to troy oh.had a nice 2-3 inches sunday need more!!!!!!:confused: :confused:

7. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

Their calling for tomorrow, 1-2 inches accumulating here in Columbus. Happy Plowing

8. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

We got about 4-5" here in Madison today. And I hope we get the rest they are calling for tonight and tomorrow.

9. Sydenstricker Landscaping

ME TOO!!!!!!!:D Gonna do my usual, get up about 3:30-4:00 and check on stuff

10. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I will be up at around 4 a.m. to see what I'll have to plow. Hopefully 5" plus. We got a lot more then they called for today sure not complaining.

11. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Yeah, they said day accumulations of like an inch or so, then wham!!! 5 inches in a few hours!!!payup I can only imagine what we are gonna get tonight, hopefully.:cry: :D

12. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I'll keep my fingers crossed. Snowing hard enough here can't see across the street.

13. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Startin to come down here. Gotta go clean up one of my parking lots, then do it again in the morn. I get away with that cause the post office is there and they want their stuff cleanpayup

14. cornbinder

cornbinder Senior Member

i'm looking out the window as i type. the flakes are looking big and fluffy!! i'm down here in wooster ohio (wayne county) they are calling for 4-8 for us. i can't wait we havn't had a plowable snow here yet, and that's with a 1" trigger on the one shopping plaza!!!! it's been pathetic. i've got all the trucks serviced, sitting in the garage ready to rock and roll!!! later, pete

15. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Man, I cant even see the building across the street from me. This is greatpayup I had best get to bed, It is gonna be a long day

16. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

man its nice to see snow i just came in from com lots and if it keeps up i can hit drives by 12:00 and again tonight this will be only the 2 time for drives and first time for 2 plows in one daypayup payup

17. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Where I am at, we got like 3 inches. Went to Perry were I have a few customers, there had to be 8 inches or more!!!!:D I hate lake effect snow, it always goes where I have little to no customers:realmad:

18. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

just got in

I just plowed 8" of snow and it's still coming down at a good pace. It looks like I'll be out all day at this rate.payup :D

19. Sydenstricker Landscaping

You are lucky!!! It has totally stopped snowing here. I friggin hate lake effect.:angry: There was a bunch in Perry, jack crap here in Willoughby

20. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

It will change keep your hopes up.:D