1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ohio to use TowPlows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Sean Adams, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Sean Adams

Sean Adams Member

2. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

3. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

4. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

:help::DJust incase his link doesn't work:D

5. Cassy

Cassy Senior Member

That's a great idea

6. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo Senior Member

how do you pass it..

7. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

wow. thats pretty cool. I wonder how they keep the trailer from sliding around during a big snow fall and all the snow pushing against the blade. Wouldn't all that force cause the trailer to slide into the other lane? if all that makes sence

8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

In typical DOT fashion, he's only plowing a half inch of snow, if that. They must all take a class, it's the same up here.:angry:

9. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

ya i think it was JD that was showing me one of those last season. impressive, very impressive

10. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

I've seen those in a few states now being used, or prototypes being tested.
    Iowa has a tractor/trailer combo that the tractor has a plow and wing and the trailer holds tons and tons of salt along with thousands of gallons of brine.

11. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I would imagine the trailer wheels somehow self adjust to offset how hard the plow is pushing on the trailer. But then again, maybe they just turn to a set point and as long as the truck doesn't stray too much the trailer will track back behind it even if it gets pushed around a little.

12. stumpslawncare

stumpslawncare Member
    from Indiana

I just saw an article where they are going to be trying one of those out on the interstate around Ft. Wayne, Indiana also...

13. AiRhed

AiRhed Senior Member

Never seen one plowing, but I've passed a few Muni's with one in tow. Pretty nice piece of equipment

14. kcplowman

kcplowman Member

I have seen them in action many times. The first time you see one in action it will deffinatley make to do a double take.