1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ohio sub rates ?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by ohio snowdog, Feb 2, 2009.

1. ohio snowdog

ohio snowdog Junior Member

Just wondering what some of the plow companys are paying subs to plow this year in the suburbs of the cleveland ohio area or for that matter what are you guys getting paid an hour to plow using your own truck ? Whats a good rate to expect for a well experianced plow driver in his own truck ?
  2. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I am in Dayton, but I get $115 and hour for a truck with plow and v box
  3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

$55 to $65 an hour for a truck. experienced
  4. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

the trucks i run are getting 160 hr now subs get 50 65
  5. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

sub rate.

running my own truck with my accounts i pull in $200 an hour.
  6. ohio snowdog

ohio snowdog Junior Member

Does blade size play a role on pay or is it more of an experiance thing ? I hear some guys pay more for larger plows 7 1/2' vs 8' vs 8 1/2' . Anyone plow in the lorain county area willing to comment on what they get paid or pay out per hour.

CHEVY4LIFE Junior Member

I live in cleveland, and get $45 hour with my 1500 z71, 7.6 meyers straight blade. This is my first year plowing, so its kinda paid training to me! My boss is a old friend of mine that has ALOT of work. He has 6 other subs that get $55-65 hr with there trucks.Thats what I'll get next season. After this 15" we just had here, Im not a ROOKIE no more. Plowed for 19hrs during that onepayup

SNOWPIMP Member

$55 and up for a truck with a blade. I use a skidsteer so I don't think what I get compares!
  9. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

that's real good for a Sub.payup

SNOWPIMP Member

Yeah I was going to say that to but maybe the v-box plays a factor. I never bothered with setting up to salt because when I inquired I heard no offer of extra money!
  11. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Why would there be? I wouldn't give you a nickle more per hour with a salter. :p

The benefit of having the salter is in the increased opportunity for you to work more often.

Pushes = 15+\-
    Salt runs = 65 to 75+\-

Not too hard to understand.