1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ohio Snow Thread

Discussion in 'Networking' started by WALKERS, Jan 4, 2007.

1. WALKERS

WALKERS PlowSite.com Addict

:sleeping: I will start one in OHIO. So is everybody getting seasonal depression :realmad:
    We are ready to start our bed maintenace :D I sure would like to spend about 20 in the truck with white stuff flying everywere thou:bluebounc

2. aus316

aus316 Member

ill second the motion send us some my wallets dry payup and losin beers in the fridge :drinkup: send us some snow oh mother nature :gunsfiring: :gunsfiring:

3. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Ya my wallet is very light this season. I've only been out twice in the begining of December and none since and don't see any in the near future. I started yard work and I think I'm going to plant grass this weekend to.

4. snowconcepts

snowconcepts Member

Same here we have had only 3 salting events. We are way down right now & are thinking about starting to do some outside work to start bringing somw $$$ in.

5. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

People from Ohio WoW
    If I may ask you a question, Do any of you have a sidewalk crew? Or a plow truck crew?
    If so, whats the best way to pay them? I have a lawn service with 1 worker, and I was wondering how to keep him around all year? Thank you in advance for any and all info.

Thanks Carl Beatty

6. JeepCreepn01

JeepCreepn01 Senior Member
    from Ohio

just woke up and took my dog out its gotta be a good 65 here this morning

7. WALKERS

Hey jeep i figure I would start a thread the Ohio guys we all need to get the mowers out of storage were Mother Nature can see them give her a reason to open up.:D :dizzy:
    Yes another sizzler here in Cincinnati :realmad: I figure all that yard work you been doing would make it snow. LOL

Hey Carl We have both of those crews but if you look outside they seem kinda obsolete
    get him out doing door hangers aor advertising. When it comes to paying for snow what ever you think is fair everyone is different.:salute:
    What part of Ohio are you from?

8. carl b

from Ohio

hey walkers I'm from akron I don't want any more work we are still working on the lawn
    patios etc. but if i pay by the hour they work slow if i pay by the job they brake my truck
    or blower. just wondering if one is better than the other.

9. JeepCreepn01

JeepCreepn01 Senior Member
    from Ohio

around here all the landscapers are out i guess i need to get in that line of work seems like they are all doing well this so called winter

10. WALKERS

JEEP
    Yes you might want to look into that because the winters are getting shorter and shorter.
    We all have to pay the man some way or the other.

LOWLIFE
    You might want to look into better employees then or try find a good foreman that will crack the wip. Thats my opinion only not trying to tell HOW :) No offense. I had to go through the same thing. Hourly is the way to go though.:salute:

11. WALKERS

Trying to find any kind of work around here. I have guys clean lots with the billy goats.
    Anything for a buck chuck LOL.payup

12. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Whats up guys? This winter sucks the biggie.:realmad: I am gonna start puttin flyers out, bidding on jobs and get ready to GIT 'R' DONE this early season. My old boss has already been out doin some stuff in on lawns and whatever makes a dollar. Maybe we need to have an Ohio meet and all do a snow dance or something LOL:D

13. WALKERS

Thermos
    Spunds good to me:drinkup: xysport We have been out papering neighborhoods allready.
    Setting up routes playing PS Everything is serviced and ready to go for landscaping.
    Trying to keep the guys busy :bluebounc Sending out letters to existing customers see if they want to spend some Santa buckspayup

14. Sydenstricker Landscaping

I agree totally on the try to keep busy. I have been staying at home playin Mr.mom while the wife is workin. I am going stir crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!:bluebounc I am a landscaper, not a babysitter, although sometimes I was a babysitter when I was foreman where I used to work. I even told people I will take down their christmas lights for them!!!!! Whatever it takes to make the casholapayup

15. WALKERS

You mention Christmas lights I am serious thinking about getting into those next season.
    If the weather keeps up I can do them in shorts:D I have read some threads that its serious money. Iread alot of these threads LS PS site I have alot of time on my hands lately.:sleeping: I need something to happen soon:yow!: before I go crazy too.:gunsfiring:

16. Sydenstricker Landscaping

I think my personal snow dance will be stripping naked and running down the street with a weedwacker yelling:D No not really. Im just not mentally in the game with going and doing landscaping again this soon:angry:

17. carl b

from Ohio

i do need a better worker but not finding any. i'm going to start spring clean ups Monday but now weather is calling for snow on Tuesday so at least i'm working. some guys have payments on their trucks and are not working that would suck as for a ohio get together the outdoor equipment show is at the end of the month in Columbus{at the ohio state fair grounds} i'll be there because. I need a new mower and two years ago a salesmen offered a thousand off at the show.if it is close to that or we could meet there.I don't have tickets but will have them by next week Christmas lights if you put them up make enough $ to cut them down no tangles no mess .

18. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

I'm hoping that it will be here by tuesday guys. Man your lucky up there to even get 3 ice melting events, let alone we've only had one! Crazy. I'm pretty sure were just gonna get hit when we least expect it.

19. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Hope so we have been ready but have had time to fx all the small things on the trucks but monday nite possiable.....

20. carl b

from Ohio

scottscape we only have had one salt and one plow in Dec. the last three years have been bad i have a 5 mile max that i drive to plow and its so hit or miss here that its always east or west.

fernalddude i took of the spreader and one of the pumps that sucks if it don't snow and i put all the blades ext. so i've decided to wait on till the 2'' is on the ground

IF YOUR DANCING FOR SNOW STOP MAYBE IT AFRAID OF U