1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ohio Snow for tonight???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Young Pup, Jan 15, 2005.

1. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Hey guys just got this in an e-mail. Where in the heck is this coming from? What a surprise this is. What is it that Gomer Pyle use to say: Surprise, Surprise, Surprise. This is interesting. Be putting the plow on this afternoon.

Issued at: 2:23 PM EST 1/15/05, expires at: 10:00 PM EST 1/15/05

Winter weather advisory in effect from 4 am to 4 pm est Sunday.
    The NWS in wilmington oh has issued a winter weather advisory.
    Snow will develop tonight after midnight. The snow will be heaviest on Sunday morning, then it will taper off from west to east in the afternoon. Accumulations of 2 to 4 inches are expected by late afternoon.
    A winter weather advisory is issued when snow is forecast to develop in the affected areas, but accumulations are expected to be light. Any snow would make driving and walking difficult but not impossible on untreated roadways and sidewalks. When temperatures are below freezing, motorists need to be especially careful on bridges and overpasses where slippery spots can easily develop.
    Stay tuned to noaa weather all hazards radio and other media outlets for further details or updates.

For more weather:
    http://treets.nbc4i.com/svc/lnk.cfm?l=47463437&t=1

+...........................................................+

Want to unsubscribe? Click here:
    http://svc.ibsys.com/unsub.cfm?u=2655661791813-wx_svr_col_ohz055

Got questions? Please drop us a note: colnews@ibsys.com

You are receiving this message because you requested it
    from nbc4i.com. This message contains advertisements
    from our sponsors.

Copyright 2005 Internet Broadcasting Systems, Inc.
    All rights reserved. http://ibsys.com/
    Internet Broadcasting Systems, Inc.
    1333 Northland Drive
    Mendota Heights, MN 55120

2. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Thats cool. Hopefully It will come up here!!! I want some snow!!!!!

last weds. and thursday we got about 10" total or more maybe. I snowblew those days. Then Friday I had to do more salting. I came home friday told my brother that I WISH it'd snow again, because there was no snow in the forcast. Then I woke up saturday and there was more snow on the ground. I was so happy. Havent had snow sense though :( and it all melted from the 50 degree weather. But now its like 9 outside. I want some snow so bad... Send 4 inches here tonight and tommarow night and well all the nights this week.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2005
  3. IndySnowPlow

IndySnowPlow Senior Member
    from Indiana

Happens all the time here in Indiana...Umm, wait....your the next state east??? this never happens there ???? OMG !!!!! whats happening to this world ???? Global warming ? coastal flooding ? big waves ?? I climbing into my rocket powered plow ship and heading for the moon. Noting ever happens there and plenty of "moon dust" to plow. purplebou

Oh ya....Dont put that plow on so quick.....plowers thing, makes it not snow if you put it on.....LOL

4. Young Pup

Yep as soon as I posted that I was thinking the same thing. Right now I don't feel like going outside to do it anyways.

5. midview31

midview31 Junior Member

Big snow storms

I didn't know it but big snow storms are named after men. The reason I guess is that nobody knows how long its going to last or how many inches your going to get.

6. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Young Pup

Yea, it's a surprise, I'll believe it when I see it. That's when I'll put my plow on here in Delaware County.
    went out tonight and sprayed a couple of places with De Icer, we'll see if anything happens.

7. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Young Pup

Whee are you located in Central Ohio? I'm in Southern Delaware County a few miles north of Westerville along Hoover.

8. Young Pup

Hey gt,

I live right outside of Columbus in Grandview. We shall see on the snow. Hopefully we will get it.

JP

9. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

ohio snow

It hit me by surprise to. I'm happy to see it. I'll take all I can get. Went out last night and hooked up the plows. Were ready to go bring it on. how much is on the ground there? we got about 1/2"" Right now.

10. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Thats cool its snowing in O-HI-O. Its currently snowing here :)

Im sooo happy... Plus snow on weds...... But im not going to get everything set up yet.... I dont want to jynx myself today, becuase we all know how that goes... Ya get everything going while theres only 1/16 of an inch out, and it stops.... Today, thats not going to happen, Im hoping itll go 4".... :)

:waving: :drinkup:

11. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

About 1" at 9:30 am. It's starting to snow harder now.

12. midview31

midview31 Junior Member

cleveland

hey its snowing in ctown! probably around 2" @ 10:00 am. still coming down but getting more sugary. oh well, have to do a family thing at the boat show today anyway. tonight is when we might get a bunch.

13. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Hit my 1 1/2" trigger, still coming. Plow and Salt!!

14. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

ohio snow

Theres about an 3/4" to an 1" now. We went out and salted, just waiting on 2" so we can plow. there calling for 2"-4" today and more tonight. I hope we get hit hard. We need a good snow invoices for Jan.'s pretty low right now. any of you guys from my neck of the woods?

15. Young Pup

Just got in from doing a private drive to 6 houses. We have about 2 on the ground snowing steady right now. where are you located at here.

Never mind just saw where you are from. Good luck.

16. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

11:30 here, just flurries now. Got about 2". Crews will start doing residential jobs now then get all commercial jobs tonight....

17. Young Pup

Same plan of attack as you. Going to head out when it slows to start.

18. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

ohio

I'm south of Canton around Carrollton / Minerva area. We got a good 1 1/2" i'm going to start soon, snows slowing down hope this not all of it. They said maybe 3" or 4" I hope so.!!!

19. digger3700

digger3700 Junior Member
    from Ohio

I was all pumped up to plow too here in south east Ohio but only got 1-1/2"
    This has been a very slow year for us.

20. Young Pup

Looks like this is your first post. Let be one of the first to welcome you. We got 2 inches here and that is my trigger. So I have been out. Taking a break for some food then I am going back out to finish. But had to check in here first. :waving: