1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ohio Snow and Ice Thread 2010-2011

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Young Pup, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Well, I will get a thread going about our upcoming winter. Looks like northeast Ohio might have some action late next week. (Thanksgiving week) Still alot of time to see how all this pans out though.

Been pretty dull down here. I have not seen any snowflakes yet myself.

2. SServices

SServices Senior Member

We had some snow a few weeks ago, just covered the grass. hope we get something soon. The 50's and 60's suck!

3. SServices

SServices Senior Member

4. Young Pup

It is a start that is all that matters. Looks good.

5. SServices

SServices Senior Member

Yep.............

6. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Thats what they have been saying JP that it will be a substantial amount for us up north. We will see.

7. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

Good God its over 60* today around here. Tomorrow even warmer. Then Im sure it will just drop 30* overnight as good ole Ohio weather does.

8. Young Pup

Yeah Steve that is what I keep hearing. Waiting for some updated from Skyeye from this evening. Looking at models it looks to be rain right now. The cold front is slowing down. I wondering if it is a bad run on those myself. Time will tell later on what is going to happen.

Tell me about it. I was outside putting up Christmas lights. All brand new ones on the house. Only to find out after they all were up on the outline of the house some are brighter than the others. $!@$#!$!#@$!$!$!$#!$!#$ I am not very happy. Still have not decided if we are going to take them down or now. :gunsfiring:

9. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

Hell at least they work. I hate putting them all up when its COLD outside only to have to spend another 2 hours finding where the damn bulbs are burned out. Going LED everything either this year or next. Probably next since Im on the injured list.

I should have tried putting some up today but the race was more important and it gets dark too early.

Did you use LED ones? If so thats probably where the brightness issues are coming from. Is it whole strands that are dimmer?

10. Young Pup

That is why I took advantage of the warm weather today. I have done them in full carharts with wind chills in the 20's

Nope no LED's. 3 sets of 200 are brighter than the 5 sets of 150. I don't get it. Same type, phillips but major difference in light output.

11. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

Weird. Your obviously getting a power drop down somewhere in those strands. Almost like a resistor built in or you got too many lights on same strand. Your only supposed to put X amount of strands in a row. I know I had to split mine up from it blowing those stupid little fuses in the plugs.

Unplug them things and take em back. Ya cant be looking like no Griswalds now! :D

12. csi.northcoast

csi.northcoast Senior Member

i miss the good ole days when one light went out they would all go out....many memories of my old neighbor yelling, screaming throwing things etc......ahhh good times

13. JohnRoscoe

JohnRoscoe Senior Member

What's skyeye? Tell me more please!

14. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

members only weather prediction.. Im not a member but i imagine the local meteologists take there models and such from there.

15. Young Pup

It is a weather forum based out of Cincinnati. The owner is a Chief Meterologist and has his own business of forecasting for clients that pay him. There are other certified meterologists that post on there as well. A bunch of non certified guys that are better than some of the certified guys. Pretty good bunch of people that know their stuff.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  16. Elwer Lawn Care

Elwer Lawn Care PlowSite.com Addict

I will agree JP, some of those guys can forcast better than the people that get paid the big bucks.

17. JohnRoscoe

JohnRoscoe Senior Member

Sounds like a good tool- I've been frustrated by how sensationalized local forecasts have become. Do many of you find it worth the cost?

18. Young Pup

Well, after getting done with work today we just ended up taking them all down. We put up all new ones. That was fun putting them up in the dark Good thing these were much brighter than the ones we had up. lol Sure did light up the roof for us.

19. Young Pup

Yes sir they sure do. Looks like rain for the upcoming system. I just did a quick read over there since I am just now getting on the puter for the first time today. Will look better in a bit to see what all they are thinking now. Unless you have been over there.

20. Young Pup

Where are you in Central Ohio? Columbus??? Here is a link, it costs nothing for membership unless you want to become a client of his.

Here is his website:

http://skyeyeweather.com/

Here is the forum:

http://cincyweather.com/