1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ohio Snow and Ice Thread 2009-2010

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Young Pup, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Well, we are under a freeze warning here in Columbus. Seems like we are already in winter mode with the cold temps we have had already in October. Hopefully this year will be just as good as I hear it might be.

2. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Yea JP the state trucks have plows and spreaders on and ready to go. We Had a good frost here yesterday

3. camconcrete

camconcrete Senior Member

yep yesterday morning we had frost on the tools.......... then again I was down to a t shirt and sweating at 5 oclock this afternoon stamping concrete

4. Young Pup

Yep we had frost here too the other morning and they said we had a hard freeze? I don't see it other than the grass has slowed a little bit. The flowers in front of the house still look good, so I am skeptical about the hard freeze.

5. camconcrete

the next couple of days may make a little difference once this big rain comes thru on friday. hopefully it doesn't rain too much, i gotta hurry up and get a 60 by 100 gravel pad built tomorrow or ill lose half my gravel getting it spread if it rains too much

6. Young Pup

yeah we have had some nice weather these past couple of days that is for sure. I hope you get your pad done in time.

7. camconcrete

so do i. were far enough behind as it is since last week was a waste

8. broncscott

broncscott Senior Member

Weather blogers around Cincinnati are looking at possible snow on 11/1 11/2

9. Young Pup

10. broncscott

broncscott Senior Member

Yes and snow-day

11. MercerUnlimited

MercerUnlimited Junior Member

Bring it on!!! Shouldn't be hard to be better than last year in Central Ohio.....

12. Young Pup

I just saw on Channel 4 that he had flurries in the forecast for Thursday of this week.

13. alsam116

alsam116 Senior Member

What happened to the snow in cincy on 11-1 and 11-2??you guys keep gettin my hopes up on here. one day well get something

14. Young Pup

The website I posted above, they were seeing it on model runs and it was just a possibility. We will get our snow soon enough to early in the season for accumulating stuff here right now.

15. Been snowing here for about an hour now. The idiot at the store next to us is salting his walkway:laughing:

16. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

i was outside trying out my brand new turbo heater that I found on craigslist. 125,000 BTU unit. orginal price $325 plus tax. I bought it for $160 out the door from some guy. He bought it. and never used at all. he just took it out of the box a couple of days ago. No more late nights in the shop freezing to death trying to fix something on the truck. Oh yeah while I was out there were little snow flakes falling from the sky.

17. Young Pup

Wow, snowing up there is a good thing for the guys that are done with lawncare work.

18. Geary44

Geary44 Senior Member

it was actually snowing a little in Mansfield today but it wasn't enough to stick to the ground.

19. Ottneys250

Ottneys250 Junior Member

This is gona be my first year doing driveways up in Toledo! haha its been warm here latly

20. Young Pup

Welcome to the forum. Be patient, the snow will get there in due time. Check out this thread with other plow guys from Ohio.

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?p=858363#post858363