1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ohio frist plowable snow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mr.plow 2, Dec 7, 2005.

1. mr.plow 2

mr.plow 2 Member

:dizzy: the say we are going to get 4-6" of white gold :D but you know they are worng all the time just have to wait an see
  2. daveintoledo

daveintoledo Senior Member
    from nw ohio

plowable snow

we had 4 inches last sat night....

you need to move closer to the snow belt lol....
  4. Gusco

Gusco Senior Member

I wouldnt get my hopes up.
    From what i read on your area is that you should expect flurries to 1 inch.
  5. nicess

nicess Junior Member

I just watched the noon news and they said we should EASILY get 2-3 and some areas will get up to 5. But i agree trying not to get my hopes up because they are normally wrong.
  6. Stoney

Stoney Member
    from NW OHIO

7. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

I am hearing 3-6. We shall see what happens. Excuse me I just something that says 4-6. Who wants to take a guess.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2005
  8. Young Pup

Just got this:

Issued at: 4:13 PM EST 12/7/05, expires at: 12:15 AM EST 12/8/05

Heavy snow warning in effect from 6 pm Thursday to 6 am est friday,
    The NWS in wilmington has issued a heavy snow warning, which is in effect from 6 pm Thursday to 6 am est friday. The winter storm watch is no longer in effect.
    Snow will develop late Thursday afternoon, with an inch of less expected by sunset. The snow will continue into Thursday night, with total accumulations of 3 to 5 inches expected by friday morning.
    Remember, a heavy snow warning means severe winter weather conditions are imminent or highly likely.

For more weather:
  9. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I just watched the Cleveland news a quick / heavy 5-9 INCHES for everybody in Ohio!!!!
  10. Gusco

Gusco Senior Member

They are callingfor 4-7 in Central Pa. Hope they are right. or at least close. I could use the dough this year.payup
  11. EJK2352

EJK2352 Senior Member

We had 2.5" last Saturday night, so I got to plow my whole route. I have a 2" trigger for all my accounts.
  12. MickiRig1

Hopefully we should all be working da trucks tomorrow night! I don't bill to the end of the month,but it's makes Jan a lot better!
  13. Young Pup

It is coming that is for sure. Will be hooking the plow up and loading the salt up in the truck in about 2 hours. I bill the same way as you.

14. Young Pup

Snowing here now. Within 30 minutes the streets are covered as well as the walks. Still calling for 3-6. At this rate it will be the 6. One station is now calling for 4-7 and the other is still saying 3-6

Last edited: Dec 8, 2005
  15. BigBlu250

BigBlu250 Junior Member

Been snowing here for about an hour or so, easy 1/2 inch already here. Going to bed now, everyone have a safe and happy session later and be careful:)
  16. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser Senior Member

We have about 3-4" already and its still coming down but now they changed the forecast and they are saying it will start coming down as sleet and freezing rain. So for my first time plowing it will be 6" and ice on top that sounds scary!:eek: I will be using a 01 f-350 4x4 5.4lt auto trans with a 05 boss 8.2 V. Everyone have a safe profitable night and drive carefully.:waving:
  17. MickiRig1

The City trucks are pretreating so it should not be long till the snow starts.
  18. Handyman

Handyman Junior Member

We are using you guys to see how much we are getting. Anyone from the Cleveland area? How much did you get?
  19. Dogbonz

Dogbonz Member

Dont use that weather bug program fella's,,, its got lots of spyware in it that can slow down your computer,, :gunsfiring:
  20. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Im getting ready to go out for the 5th time already this season....