1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ohio DOT - Green/Amber LED Lightbar Mfg?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by SnowSon, Oct 23, 2013.

1. SnowSon

SnowSon Junior Member

Does anyone know who the manufacturer of the Ohio Dept of Transporation's Green and Amber LED lightbar is?

2. JK-Plow

JK-Plow Senior Member

The pictures I have seen of their rigs have had Whelen lights on them.

3. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

I Believe there using Whelen Brand But Sound Off also does Green / Amber LED lights in lots of models I have 4 Green / Amber Body LED Lights and there are Amazing bright in Day light and Night time. You can see mine in my You Tube page

4. freshsnow

freshsnow Junior Member
    from 26070

whelen is what they use with custom add ons tothe mini bars on top of bed and im pretty sure custom bracket with whelen 500 on sides

5. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

I have an amber/green roof light, I'll have to get a night video of it. I went with SoundOff because I'm sick of the garbage from Whelen.

6. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

I will be interested in viewing your video to see how the roofbar compares to there surface lights which I have

7. razr777

razr777 Senior Member
    from JERSEY

You can get almost any bar just have to add the green they won't sell it to you with them in already. unless your state dot has approved them or your a chain of command leader and prove it. only cause green is mostly used for command center.

8. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

Not every company has the green avaiable. I did not require any special permit to purchase the green / amber lights I have and operate them with out any problems from our local law enforcement agencies. I use mine for snow plowing, assisting broke down motorist, and storm spotting and as long as I am not operating them while driving on city street there is No problem. You need to check with your local law enforcement agencies to see what they will allow and if given the privliage to use different colors dont abuse it