1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ohio Boys Get Ready !!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Clapper&Company, Nov 23, 2005.

1. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Ohio boys, you guys ready for this snow were going to get? I'm hoping we get hit hard. We could use it before the end of this billing period..

Any one needing a hand, let us know..

2. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Good luck up there Ron.I saw on the news down here that they are calling for 12-24 up there. Be safe and have a good Turkey day. We got about 2 on the grassy areas and a little slush. Just have to salt here.

JP

JP

3. Buckeye Chuck

Buckeye Chuck Senior Member

Yep, sounds like "the big one", we'll see come morning. I'll say it's 50-50 weather they are correct. They being our forcasters.

4. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

Its good to here from you again young pup. Hows are you, you ready for winter again? Yea we got around 3-4" down last night, we went ont this moring and pushed.. Were hopeing for more snow, i'll keep you posted.... We still need to hook up on of these days... Have a good turkey day too bud

5. lorentzlawnsnow

lorentzlawnsnow Senior Member

everywhere around me got about 2-3 on the grass. lots saw 1-heavy2. did get to push a few accounts. now if we could just get this weather to stay... 50's by monday :eek:

6. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

Yea I know, its crazy.. Were planing on maybe takeing one or Two of our trucks up to Cleveland tonight to see what we can get it to, with all that snow there calling for. :drinkup:

7. frndinalowplace

frndinalowplace Senior Member
    from 7hills

I AGREEE, i woke up to go plowing around 6:00 and i walked outside there was barrly anything on the driveways i the stupid temp dropped. they called for around 2-4 inches last night and got maybe 1 inch, but today 3-5 and 2-4 tonight.

8. lorentzlawnsnow

lorentzlawnsnow Senior Member

good luck going up there ron, hope you find lots of work. i'm sure in a situation like that, there will have to be someone looking for freelance plowers. anyway be careful and rake it in!payup

9. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

Yea, i'm hoping to find work up there, I would like to have work lined up for when I get there you know.

10. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

So Ron,

How was your Thanksgiving? What did you end up with up there? Are you guys still trying to get a get together up around Cleveland? If so maybe I can make the trip up there?

JP

11. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Got a bunch of teaser squalls, they would last 10 minutes.
    We got maybe 1 1/2 inches in Akron. Didn't even put the plow on. They just salted everything and was done.

12. Buckeye Chuck

Buckeye Chuck Senior Member

What a bunch of bs, these weathermen had WARNINGS out for TWO DAYS and all we got was 2 inches this morning. I didn't even bother going out especially when the sun came out. Would have been ripping my customers off. They told everyone to STAY HOME and off the roads, for two days.
    They suck, jackasses should lose their jobs. :angry:
    There, I feel better.

13. maxwell

maxwell Member
    from nw ohio

i lay down at 2 pm - (no snow in 10 day forcast) for a post thanksgiving dinner nap and i wake up at 6 pm tonight with 2-3 inches predicted from a clipper (toledo area).. just like that it comes (actually it might not - i dont trust the toledo mets..)

14. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

yea I hear ya Max, I watched the dinnertime news and they said a light dusting, bull ****... I can almost guarantee that we will get 2" out of this system

15. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

well don't feel bad i didn't get sh58 either.

16. maxwell

maxwell Member
    from nw ohio

nate - i hope we haave to work....

17. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

send some south

ok send some of that stuff my way guys or just send the pile LOL....

18. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

I still have a big cleanup to do, but I make more money plowing then blowing leaves:rolleyes: so one way or another I know I will be buisy

19. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

My Thanksgiveing was great, thanks for asking. We ended up with around 3" here, and then a 1" lastnight with blowing. Went out and cleared lots again this moring, and salted every thing. We got 3 salts and 2 plows out of the deal. So its all good. today the ice was bad some lots had a 1/2" ice on the lots. As far as the get together, I would like to. But you know how that works out.. I would still like to have one. I know a other big thing is X-mas partys.. Were have one for all of my guys, My subs, Some other big plow companys we deal with. Were invite the guy from ODOT that helped us set up are Liq. Ice system. and Stuff like that.. I'll make sure if we dont hve a get together, i post the date herem and you and some of the other guys we deal with all the time from the site, can come.