1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ohhhh crap!!!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by AKvsAR, Jan 14, 2009.

1. AKvsAR

AKvsAR Junior Member

My city hires Independent Contractors to plow cul-de-sacs, and out of the way residential streets. So, there are always some interesting equipment and people that show up.

Here's what happened today:

Looks like a normal plow right?
    [​IMG]

OOPS!
    [​IMG]

Grade 8 bolts, what are they?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Basically, it was a home made mount with six bolts holding the mount to the frame, and only 2 bolts supporting the entire plow assy (approx 750-800 lbs)

Safe to say he was done for the day.

2. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

MORON!, people like that kill me

3. Steve'sZr2

Steve'sZr2 Member

looks like the blade has been in a fire :dizzy: its all wavy on the left side and burnt looking.

4. gkm

gkm Senior Member

lucky didn't drop on the highway :dizzy:

5. KCB

KCB Senior Member

So I guess he's on the horn getting his ol' lady to bring him nuts,bolts and locktite.:dizzy:

6. snow tender

snow tender Senior Member

Their is a guy around here that has to put a ratchet strap on the top of his plow to keep it from falling down while driving down the road. Oh ya he is the one doing driveways for 10 and 15 a trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stay Home

7. artic429

artic429 Senior Member

It takes all kinds to make the world go round. I have found that most of them people somehow end up somewhere near me??? Glad to see someone else having fun with them now! lol

8. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Hey, that's me! Just kidding, but I'm a contractor that plows courts in IL. What city are you in?

9. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

Kind of funny, I guess. Pathetic really. Probably got the nuts and bolts from wally world and forgot to buy enough washers, so just said F it. Lock nuts or lock tight probably wasn't in the budget either.

I've seen a few guys try and use the "fire drill" method when drilling holes and I've also seen them rip the entire carriage off and put it through the oil pan...they weed themselves out and get replaced w/ 2 or 3 more just like them.

10. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

almost like "the living dead".... :D

11. AKvsAR

AKvsAR Junior Member

The crazy thing is that we routinely run 50-55 mph zones to get to the next area.

And it broke 50 feet from the busiest road in town (130,00 people)

I'm in Peoria, affekonig

12. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

yeh thats just another thing that makes you think about how dangerous some of the rigs out there are

13. Winter Land Man

Winter Land Man Senior Member

I had a similar situation with my Chevy 3/4 ton the last storm... the mount under neath the hitch has two bolts, and it has welded on squares to hold them in place, well one of the welds broke and then a bolt snapped off, and half of the mount was hanging sideways. But it was an original design.

I saw a guy the other day who a custom bumper on his truck and the upper hitch/headgear (Fisher) was welded to the top of it. I imagine it'll snap off one of these days.

14. mreamer

mreamer Member

Drag it home by the control cables.

15. Krieger91

Krieger91 Senior Member

At first I thought that thing was made of wood.

Rediculous. Even somebody who doesn't commercially plow, like myself, can see that's dangerous and he shouldn't be anywhere near a public road with that pile of crap. :realmad:

16. THREE W

THREE W Senior Member

Did anyone else notice where the lights are pointing too, looks like he is trying to signal aircraft!!

17. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

Bahh, nothing a little duct tape and some shoe strings can't handle.

18. cantoo

cantoo PlowSite.com Veteran

Three W, the mount is broke off and might have something to do with the lights pointing up abit.

19. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Back to the drawing board!

20. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

doesnt the city do an inspection of private contractors truck
    and secondly is that guy crazy