1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

OH-PA & NY Early Snow!!!!!

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by linycctitan, Oct 28, 2008.

1. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

All right guys!!! I know plenty of you are getting snow now & in the next 24hrs. I expect to see plenty of pics of this early season event!! All we're getting here from this system is heavy rain, so some of you are getting upwards of 12"-16" I hear. Post 'em up!!

2. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

dang it it cant snow yet i am not readyyyyy. my trailer is still full and my leaves rnt done yet.

3. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Down here by philly, its all rain. They are saying the lehigh valley and poconos may see something. You new york guys are lucky! I don't mind it too much yet as clean-ups have yet to begin. We need to get through those before the flakes start to accumulate!

4. EPPSLLC

EPPSLLC Senior Member

:(
    We still have more leaves on the trees then the ground here

5. mmacsek

mmacsek Junior Member

I'm in the Lehigh Valley and it is rain mixed with wet snow. Supposed to be around 60 by Friday. Matt

6. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

I must be in the wrong part of the state.....still green grass and leaves here :(

7. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

Easy there J&R!! lol Don't put all us NY guys in the same boat (and I do mean that literally with all the rain I am getting!), remember I am out on Long Island, not upstate like some of those other lucky ones!! I know its completely out of the question, but it sure would be nice to get a quick shot before cleanups really get cranking! If that were to happen, I think my route would rapidly double in size & would get everybody "off the pot"!

8. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

ya a good snow would shake the people up pretty good. the phone wouldnt stop ringing

9. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

ill get pics tonight when i get home from college. i took one earlier on my way there in sharon springs and the ground was covered then and the worst is yet to come. truck and plow are at home in the driveway all hooked up and ready to go. its been snowing pretty steadily here in cobleskill which is a hour south east of my house.

10. btammo

btammo Member

Woke up to abotu 3 inches this morning. FOrecasted 6-12 tonight however. Really scrambling to get everything ready....

11. csx5197

csx5197 Senior Member

I'm in Williamsport, PA, just really windy and rain, I guess we might get some flakes a little later this evening, will post some pictures if we do.

12. elevate

elevate Junior Member

Nothing here in Saratoga but a bunch of rain! About 45 min. East of Cobleskill area. Calling for possible 1"-2" of snow.

13. lawncare18

lawncare18 Senior Member

people are getn ready.. have seen guys hauling equipment to malls etc all day.. local towns and citys are scrambling to get ready.. gona be bad if it hits ... still a decent amount of leaves..

14. dunlaps lawncare

dunlaps lawncare Senior Member

rain and a little wet snow here

15. the_mayor

the_mayor Senior Member

Can't snow here yet! I still have my boat in the water, and it's not scheduled to get pulled till Nov 1

16. 2dogs2

2dogs2 Member

7 1/2 " so far of HEAVY WET SNOW ... This stuff sucks plowing, especially since the ground is still soft ... I am going to have lots of ruts to fix when it melts..

17. F250 Boss v

F250 Boss v Senior Member

Utica, NY, Rain, rain, rain.... A few wet flurries, but nothing stuck, lots of wind gusts, and like I said plenty of RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

My dad said he had 8"-10" down in Walton today, and still more to come.

19. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

no 8 to 10 but got a taste of the good stuff

GetAttachment.aspx.jpg

20. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

snow-cones for everyone!