1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

oh!!! I dont have any money

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lazyike, Feb 24, 2007.

1. lazyike

lazyike Member

So I am plowing out some of my uncles accts. as he is on vacation. (we are currently in a big snow storm) and a lady walks over to the turck and askes if I could clear her driveway as she does not have a shovel. I look and see that its a goverment subsidized house (welfar rats) but I say shure and clear the driveway, I then walk bak up to her as she is pulling their chevy avalanch in next to their escalade and tell her, give me a twenty and well call it good... She says oh I dont have any money, I say what do you think? I'm out here for fun? I walk back to the truck and start to fill up their driveway, she runs out and askes if I can send the bill, yea like Ill ever see that payment. I tell her no cash only and again she says but I dont have it, I thought you would just do me a favor, hmmm number and signed rig with lights, I tell her Im not in the favor business and put 3 more scoops behind their $50,000 worth of getto rigs.:angry: :gunsfiring: :realmad:
  2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like fun. Btw, Welcome to plowsite even though it says you joined in 05 but have only 1 post.
  3. lazyike

lazyike Member

yea I dont write much, but I like to get idaes and see if I can learn somthing new.:waving:
  4. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Ok, now you have 2 posts.lol I originally came on here to just learn like you, but Iv found that actually interacting with the site and people is nice and usually fun. You get to know others in your area and what goes on and stuff.
  5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

As a Paramedic in a medium size city and Cleveland I could go on and on about how the ghetto people expect you to help them out! I look at my pay check's deductions and think Humm, I am supporting another family and I don't even get visitation rights!
    What a country, you can live like a King on a serfs salary!
  6. SneekyTT

SneekyTT Junior Member

Thats some ********. Im pissed off just from reading about it... but not the least bit suprised or shocked by it, how sad is that.

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Always make sure a dollar amount is determined before work is started.

You never stated a price and she never said she would pay you before hand.

She asked if you would clear her out and you did. Only then did you ask for money. At first it was her understanding that she asked a favor and you agreed to it. You may have ASSUMED she was going to give you some cash but neither you nor her made a offer of such before hand.

She is inside probably asking herself what has happened to people doing good deeds.

Live and learn I would have said.

What did you prove by putting snow back?
  8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

If she thought it was a favor than she should of offered a tip .Then it would be up to you to accept it or not.
  9. SkykingHD

SkykingHD Senior Member

why work?

The people described in this thread is what is wrong with America. Why work when you can get housing for free? Why do I work? I don't drive a nice truck like she does. I work a real job and do snow removal. Why is she on welfare and has trucks like that? I was under the impression you had welfare when you were down and out. Makes ya want to stop paying taxes. This is a waste of my tax money.

10. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I learned the first year I plowed to come to an agreement on price BEFORE you ever start. I've had people call me on the phone and say change their mind when I say it'll be at least $xxx.
  11. Silentroo

Silentroo Senior Member

About two years ago the dead beat next door left his wife and 5 kids. He comes around to play with the kids. She has 3 that are autistic so she has issues she needs to deal with. just after he left I started mowing her yard (It was almost easier than having to turn around in my small yard no big deal. I get a thank you and an offer for money every now and again and always say take your kids to lunch...

This morning we have about 12 inches. I stop home to clean my drive so wife and kids can get out to where ever. I am on My atv playing I see the Ex drive by three times in 25 minutes. I find it odd. city guys go by and I start on her stuff. I am done with everything and the A$$ hole pulls up and says oh I was just coming over to do this.

Guy for 2 years has watch me help his ex well he plays with his Kids and forgets to send her his monthly check. I Pointed out a MAN might have stopped one of the first three times by and at least shoveled what I had to do by hand

What is Wrong with People.....

alright off my Soap box
  12. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Senior Member

I HATE everybody, except you guys and a few other people!
  13. Meadelz

Meadelz Junior Member

Most of my customers are awesome, but to the single timers, I say this........ "I get satisfaction one way or another. Pay me or I get the backhoe out.
  14. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Dont get me started...

My Mom was an RN Nurse in the Emergency Room you want to see welfare rats abusing the system.:realmad: :redbounce :gunsfiring:
    Don't get me started.....The people that actually need it cannot get it.
  15. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

I was in the used bread store the other day, (the local outlet) and the guy in front of me was a driving a Cadillac escalade, and then swiped his food stamp card. He then leaves and the cashier and I began talking, come to find out he had 1800 hundred dollars left on his food stamp card. I never realized that if you don't use your food stamp card it just builds credit. I Winna go to his BBQ that WE payed for. Our welfare system (in Ohio) is so f***ed up!!!!!!!!
  16. Northland

Northland Senior Member

USED BREAD!!!!!! :eek: Ohio is f**ed up!!!! :dizzy: Just kidding...

Dont even get me started on this subject. Everyday of my life is filled with these people. They are nothing but a draw on society. Been that way so long that they dont even know what work is.

What pisses me off the most is I have a few buddies that are having problems havin kids. Now these bastards go and pop out kids as fast as they can get friggin fertilized..... And all we do is deal with them day after day. And their kids grown up to be the same way, cuz they dont know any better. *sigh*

Now you got me all worked up.... :realmad:

I DID giggle about the "used bread" though... :)
  17. carl b

from Ohio

i cant take the credit my friend said it first, and we have called it that for years... ya funny as he!!..
  18. GSORK

GSORK Senior Member

You should have taken her down to the local truck stop and tell her to earn some money.
    As far as the welfare system goes if your white, married ,or need some type of assistance your screwed. These welfare slugs should be castrated and have there tubes tied so they cannot produce any more unwanted kids to get better checks
    Now that I'm on a roll I think we should only execute prisoners when they become a for a person who could use there body part.
  19. SkykingHD

SkykingHD Senior Member

Biker Joe Warren said it best in a song

"Ya got to keep America clean, ya need a shot gun and a M 16, blow them all away." end of song.

In the old days if you didn't work you starved to death. This kept the lazy people to a minimum. Now we keep them alive with welfare.

For the most part snow plow operators are a working bunch of people. Work odd and long hours. Risk investment also. This is hard for me to relate to the lazy people of this country.

Sorry in advance if I took this thread off into the ditch.

20. carl b

from Ohio

and i was afraid to say it...