1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Oh fer cryin out loud... Service Soon light

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by NoStockBikes!!, Apr 10, 2003.

1. NoStockBikes!!

NoStockBikes!! Senior Member

Man, had the injector replaced, now about 20 hours after picking it up, I'm cruising down the highway, and suddenly just like a switch, it pops over into limp mode... I wasn't even sure it was still running. As luck would have it, it happened right by a Chevy dealer in Eden Prairie, so I limp-moded in there, pulled into the service bay, and one of the service advisors glanced up from his desk long enough to tell me that their diesel guy was "busy until Monday". Could he come out and pull the diagnostic quick? "No, he's into something right now. Right Jay?" "Yeah, he's busy"

So screw Suburban Chevrolet in Eden Prairie, MN. I want EVERYONE to know that story. Total horsecrap service dept, not helpful at all. I'm gonna make some phone calls about this, tell ya what.

So, I limp-mode another 10 miles home, drop off my mom and my kids, then limp-mode toward the GOOD dealership that's about another 20 miles away. About halfway over there, it starts runnign normally again. The service soon light was still on, but when I get there, a guy came right out with the machine, plugged in but all they can do at that point is plug in, see everything functioning normally and reset the trouble light. So, there wasn't much of anything they could do, offered to keep it for a day and try to replicate it, but being it popped up and went away, it didn't seem likely that it'd show in any limited driving they'd have a chance to do. Maybe if they drove to Milwaukee.:realmad: But, who knows what caused it, jsut have to see if it happens again, and if it does, head straight to the good dealer, or threaten to break some heads if a place is being less than helpful when it does crop up.