1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

oh boy, another National.. Global?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

2. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

They are in MA. They do a Verizon site near my work on Cape Cod. I think on that site they use their own company trucks for plowing, and I know their mowing team is in-house.

3. Masssnowfighter

Masssnowfighter Senior Member
    from ma

They actually rent a garage from my uncle here in mass. Very weirdly run company. Over the summer they had 8 tons of bagged rock salt that they had to get rid of and I ended up getting it all for free!!!! They said it was either give it away or they would of had to haul it back to there warehouse in NY. Which I thought was weird seeing that they had a very large garage that was basically empty. As far as nationals they are ok in my book

4. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Our shop is next door to Monroe truck equipment. They are shipping out 30+\- trucks a week decaled up in global. 3/4 ton Chevys/gmc's and 3500 dumps. All with boss vee blades and little reciever hitch salters

5. Masssnowfighter

from ma

This was half of my free hall courtesy of Global Services. I was talking to the manager from global and he said they get new trucks and plows every year. And it also sounded like Verizon was there only customer.

salt.jpg

6. johnnywaz

johnnywaz Senior Member

Dang! Nice score on the free salt.

7. JimMarshall

JimMarshall Senior Member
    from NW PA

I worked for them doing some landscaping at a Verizon here in town. They were great to work for as far as I am concerned.

8. Masssnowfighter

from ma

That's good to know, do they always pay on time? When I was getting my free salt the manager offered me plow route of about 20 Verizon locations. The money wasn't too bad that they where offering but the route was spread to far out for my liking. So I passed. He said if I sub for them I could come and take all the free bag salt I want and that global employees would periodically come out and help me plow my lots. Which I found very strange. They defiantly haven't a different business model with dealing with subs then the other nationals do

9. JimMarshall

from NW PA

They contacted me, I named my price, they accepted, we did some paperwork (contract, w9, insurance cert), they issued me a PO #, I did the work and billed it and had a check I'm thinking within 10 days. Most certainly within 2 weeks.

10. brasski

brasski Member

They have all the Verizon's in NY.I subbed for the company that use to have Verizon's back in the mid two thousands and Golbel out bid them by a million dollars.

11. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

Ive seen guys working for other nationals and they look miserable, the guys that do the landscaping for global at the Verizon next to one of the properties we have at work always say hello and talk for a few, they seem happy with their jobs, and they do always have newer looking equipment.

Maybe someone isn't running a national like an a-hole for once and is caring about the people.

12. lawnboy2121

lawnboy2121 Senior Member

They r in western ma also they asked me to bid on asphalt work and plowing

13. snowymassbowtie

snowymassbowtie Member

they advertize in the local paper looking for drivers n shovelers.

14. tbi

tbi Member
    from CNY

They have a warehouse in Apalachin NY and appear to be growing.

15. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

wait a minute, didn't the mob have a place in Apalachin too

16. JimMarshall

from NW PA

I've done 2 more jobs for them since the initial. They continue to be good to work for. I don't think they paid the second bill as quick as the first though. The 3rd job I haven't invoiced yet

17. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

At least there buying some of there own equipment. If Verizon is there only customer I find it hard to believe these locations can support that kind of investment.