1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Oh Boy 25 degrees out this AM

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by gordyo, Oct 20, 2003.

1. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

Came into work today and what is the first thing I see??

The Grounds Dept. forgot to shut off the sprinkler system to one of the buildings and there was ice on the sidewalks and roads around one of the buildings.:eek:
  2. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Hope you had some ice melt around.:D
  3. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

Oh yeah, still had two pallets in the warehouse from last year and I just recieved two more last week from my supplier so I have plenty.
  4. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

So you are the first one to go sanding lol
  5. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

Well Cat320 I can't claim that title, I did a driveby and decided that since the sun was up and it was already melting I would let it melt away, but knowing I had ice melt in the shop was nice. So I can't really claim first salting in Massachusetts. I think that title goes to a DPW down in Southeastern Mass this morning. I heard on the radio that they called out the salt trucks in some town down there.
  6. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

We had our first bout with black ice this morning.It got to about 30 last night and we had heavy fog.Only the highways and bridges seemed to have a problem.They had to shut down a portion of the major highway because there was so many accidents.I think it took the state dot by suprise when they got called out to sand.
  7. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

figured i would post the forecast for tomarrow......Wednesday: mostly cloudy, breezy & cold...high in the 40s...N winds 15-25 mph...scattered light showers possible, probably turning to snow showers by later in the day...flurries at night, may dust the ground white in places...low near 32...:D