1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

offsite snow removal

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 2moresleeps, Feb 6, 2009.

1. 2moresleeps

2moresleeps Senior Member
    from Ontario

I have a gas station that requires snow removal OFFSITE. I have 2 dump trucks and may require 4 trips roughly 15km away to dump the snow. ANY ideas on what that may cost. In 5 years, this is a first for me. i normally just place it elsewhere on the property but this one place is firm on REMOVAL.

2. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

i usually go straight t&m (hourly rates) and charge them for both trucks, full time for loader, mobilization for the loader and a private dump site fee.
  3. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

its a gas station so they probably want it off site so you have to deal with the gas/oil/antifreeze and whatever else is in the snow. i wouldnt be surprised if there is some form of hazardous material procedure you have to follow.
  4. 2moresleeps

2moresleeps Senior Member
    from Ontario

I was going with the flat hourly rate of $120 for the bobcat and $85 per for the trucks and $145 per dump.............. hope this sounds about right.
  5. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

sounds good to me boss
  6. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

$145 per dump?

I could dang near haul it to the landfill for that much:eek:
  7. Chevyguy04

Chevyguy04 Junior Member

if you can get that out of them do it, it would be high around west michigan
  8. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

I read somewhere on here the going rate for a dump fee was about 100/load around T.O.
    As far as environmental procedure there is more crap along side the highways than in
    a gas station parking lot. It all goes down a catch basin or ditch eventually.