1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

offseason prices

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by gc3, Mar 19, 2008.

1. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

I was thinking about getting a Boss 8'2 steel v plow.I thought the prices would be cheaper since the seasons is almost over up here in IL, but the distributers and dealers here tell me their prices arent going to go down any plus their going to raise their price in July. Does this sound like them just trying to get another fast sale or do their prices usually come down in the offseason. Thanks.:salute:

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Never going down. Same price all year.

3. yancy

yancy Senior Member

only way you might get a good deal is to look for a good used plow

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

GV's right on the money, unless you can find a left over of a particular style thats being replaced by a newer version.

Some dealers will drop prices slightly at the end of the season but dont expect a major price difference. Especially if its a model that sells itself, like a steel 8.2 Vee which is Boss's #1 seller.

5. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Yancy is right. I bought a 2004 8' Boss SD plow with mount, wiring and control for my truck. I paid $2500 from a guy off CraigsList. The plow is in very good condition. From a 1-10 i give it a 8.!! Check Ebay and Craigs list for them. There is a Boss on Ebay now for $1,800.

6. Wieckster

Wieckster Senior Member

Hey Gc3 where in IL did you get prices on the Boss I bought mine at the end of Jan. I got the VXT

7. droptine

droptine Member

Boss Poly Vee for sale?

What kind of truck are you putting it on? I have a truck and plow for sale. I can give you specs if your interested. 2004 F250 SD Crew Cab, V10 gas, Lariat, power moon roof, leather... and boss poly vee w/ new style cutting edge, 7 hours or so on edge. All for $23,000.00 obo. Call me @ 317-903-7579 for more details in evening. I dont get to check this site very often, so calling is best way to contact me. Indy area.

8. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

:salute:I have been checking between k-kap in rockford, monroe trucks in wisc, to a rep at boss. The 8'2 steel power v at k-kap is$5327, monroe is $5231. The xt is $228 more. For that price it's almost worth going with the xt. The rep at boss said they are going to change the headlights for the next seasons models but I don't know how much they will change. I should hear back from them soon. I'd hate to buy one then find out the new model had something I liked better.

9. twgranger

twgranger Senior Member
    from .

yeah they are having problems with the rivets coming out of the bottom of the lights and then they just fall right off. I guess any plow ordered after Feb 14 or 24 comes with the headlight set.

10. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

it looks like the only design change is a more angled light frame and the amber lights will now be inside the headlight body. boss also said that the hid light option will be discontinued. you ever have any rivets come off your lights?

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Correct.

Correct.

Yep..

12. Wieckster

Wieckster Senior Member

gc3 you should check out AMES in Freeport that is where I bought mine they were less money then both K-Kap and Monroe Trucks

13. madmaxxxx

madmaxxxx Member

Or try Future Line also known as E-truck Equipment from near Cedar Rapids, IA. They had the best price in the early part of the season.

14. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

Thanks, I'll give AMES a call tomorrow and see what their price is. I saw on another thread that you had a problem with your blades not working right after you bought it, what did that turn out to be?

15. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

"gc3" Yes plows will be going up with the raising cost of materials and related items.
    You can give me a call when your ready to get the plow for your truck and I'll see what I can do for you on the pricing.
    :rolleyes: John...

16. Wieckster

Wieckster Senior Member

gc3 It was weird like half the wires running from the plug under my truck was tore apart they had never seen anything like it before AMES fixed it and all is good they have really good customer service there

17. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

I called AMES and they were a few hundred cheaper than K-KAP. He sounded like he knew what he was talking about when he answered my questions. He said he even had a xt I could look at. I will try to get there this week. How do you think your wires were tore apart like that. You think it was from plowing or maybe an animal got into it.

18. Wieckster

Wieckster Senior Member

I dont know they asked me about the animal also Its hard to say. Where are you located I live in Rockford if you want to see my VXT Let me know

19. qcbob

qcbob Junior Member

Prices do not go down unless there was a very mild winter and dealers have way more stock than they can pay for and keep during the off season. With the winter we had here in Illinois and the tough time dealers had getting inventory in season, their inventory is low so there are no deals except used. Be careful when you get the lowest price because you want your dealer to be there fo you when you need them for parts and service and if they can't make any money, they won't be there when you need them.