1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Officially on duty

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Oct 31, 2005.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Well starting Nov.1st thu Apr.30th on duty 24hrs for all that snow.
    Will we have over 100 inches this year in the Buffalo NY area ?:nod:
    Maybe i'll do a poll.

2. Ken1zk

Ken1zk Senior Member

I'm thinking were going to see a little less than average this year. By the way I am using the same method the local weather guys do, I'm just pulllin this outa my a** :rolleyes:

3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I watch the weather maps across the country in the winter everyday. Trends are just guessing stuff. I find it hard to believe they can predict 10 events of 4 inches or more! You can't predict more then 3 days in advance with any degree of accuracy in the winter season.
    Mother Nature just laughs every time they say something!

4. ADLAWNCUTTERS

ADLAWNCUTTERS Senior Member

Yep im on duty too. I just made my invoices out. I hope fuel goes down though.:)

5. Andy N.

Andy N. Senior Member

Walls to build, lawns to install, shrubs to plant, leaves to suck up. Too much to do still for snow. Honestly I hope it holds off for the next month. Just hit Indian Summer here in Pittsburgh.

6. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

Mine are going out tonight.

As far as fuel going down, it's dropping like a rock here.

2 weeks ago diesel was $3.49 / gallon, yesterday it was down to $2.99.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it hang right at that price point for a day or two, but I'd be even more surprised if it didn't get down to $2.50 or so by December 1.

7. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

fuel here has been droppin like crazy. 2.25 today and it looks like it will be below 2.15 by the weekend.:dizzy:

8. MickiRig1

We hit $2.21 two days ago. Diesels still higher then it should be with all the road tax added.

9. cog-1

cog-1 Senior Member

And ours here dropped to a low $2.77...

10. ROFOTH

ROFOTH Junior Member

I work at a gas station and our prices start at 2.19 unlead+ to 2.93 Diesel.
    Our dist office says it's still go'ing down.

11. MickiRig1

Our price is $2.09 this morning at some stations!

12. J HIsch

J HIsch Member

The oil companies are taking it on the chops right now. They reported record profits. They were justifiying the high prices due to the fact they would not be able to keep up with demand and still make a profit with all the oil rig damage due to the storms. Well, they got busted becasue they were profiting Big while everyone else was hurting. Most of all the prices arent really going down we are just getting a lower prices due to the high prices we have been paying for the last 1.5 years. since their wallets are so padded right now, there still making a profit just not making as much but in consideration of how much they were making off us, there still loaded.

13. drmiller100

drmiller100 Senior Member
    from idaho

i'll be pushing snow tomorrow. 3 inches on the ground now, 4 predicted for tonight.

3.27 a gallon for diesel.

14. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

$2.24 For Regular and $2.44 for Diesel in Lyndhurst NJ as of 11/05/05. :drinkup:

15. kingriver

kingriver Senior Member
    from alaska

whats snow

Well guys & gals, we have yet to have our first snowfall with any inches involved up here in the great white north,, fuel is at $ 2.81 for reg. Diesel is $2.93 Sure is hard banking on (Mother Nature). :cool:

16. Pat M

Pat M Member

Where in Southern NH are you at? I still haven't seen anything below $2.59 for diesel at all in the Pelham, Nashua, Hudson or Salem area. If you know where it is $2.25 a gallon for diesel let me know and I will go fill up a tanker truck and store it in my back yard.

17. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Im all ready to plow. I got new tires, brakes, fuel filter, belts. Did a tranny flush, diff change, t-case change, and some other stuff. Oh and cranked the Tbar's, took my sideboards off, took the bedliner out and washed out the bed, and put the tanno-cover on.

Bring on the snow!!!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2006
  18. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

We can't get snow yet, I still have too much to do...:dizzy:

19. Roger74428

Roger74428 Junior Member

In Central New York it still is unseasonably warm today but the forecast calls for snow by Wed. The leaves havenot fallen alltogether yet and the ground is to warm. But I am anxiously looking to see a snow accumulation maybe not as much as Buffalo!

20. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

What's wrong with 3or 4 feet at one time?:nod: