1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Officially a BOSS owner

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by bltp203, Jun 28, 2007.

1. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

Well, I did it. I went ahead a purchased an 8' poly that was used. It is my first plow that I have ever owned.

It took me 6 hours to wire up the harness ( I had to make sure it looked stock under the hood). The I finally got the undercarriage done today and that only took me 5 hours and a couple of drill bits later. Guess that $300 install quote doesnt seem so bad now, but at least I know just about everything I need to about this set up.

Took some pics. Yes, I still have the 35's on right now, but will put the 285's on once the snow starts to fly. The pushbeam sits at 18 inches right now, but will drop to 16 inches with the smaller tires.

Thanks to all that answers my many questions that helped me take that plunge.

web1.JPG

web2.JPG

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Looks good. Dump the shoes.

3. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Nice job man. I installed mine last year, nothing is hard about the install, just takes time and patience. Good luck with it

4. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Nice job. It looks great. Lots of luck with it.

5. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Looks good man. You'll love that plow. 1 tip though, get ride of those skid shoes.

Ryan

6. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

I agree with dumping the shoes. Much better and cleaner job. Keep them in the truck you will need them for a gravel lot.

7. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

Thanks guys..........Shoes have since been removed.