1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Official " Are you ready go go plowing " POLL/Tread

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Big Nate's Plowing, Nov 14, 2004.

?

if you got snow tomorrow would you be ready to go do work

Poll closed Nov 29, 2004.
  1. yes, ready to go

55.7%
  2. kinda, still have some minor loose ends

31.8%
  3. give me a few hours to fix my junk

12.5%
  4. there has to be 18" on the ground before I start getting ready

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

title is the question, if we got snow tomorrow would you be ready to go do work

2. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

My plows have been mounted since friday and out plowing for 2 days now, just took them off about 10 minuites ago as iam hopefully done with clean up. I was ready last week which i consider late. I usually try to be completely ready by halloween at the absolute latest. Iam amazed at the amount of people i saw scrambling to get their plows redy saturday morning. Mine are always mounted even if there is just and outside chance of accumlation.

First event seems to be getting earlier and earlier every year.

3. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

I am ready just the weather isn't.

4. JRSlawn

JRSlawn Senior Member

I have three huge accounts that are still pending. One of them I have to meet the guy this tuesday to discuss a price on 4 different condos 100 house each talk about late. I still have some small things like staking and mounting up the strobes but nothing to major.

5. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

Locked and Loaded................. :gunsfiring:

6. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

I still have to throw a pump on the headgear, weld a crack in the mount and throw a brand new deflector on my blade, oh and install some stakes too

7. Everything is ready, except for my spreader. Had to break her all down to get blasted and painted. We usually don't get our first until the second :cry: week in december so I should be okay.

8. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

The plow is ready to go but the truck still needs a few things. It's getting a new hub assembly and chassis lube on tues., I still have to change the oil one more time, rotate the tires, clean the interior, apply rainx and anti-fog, and then I should be ready.

9. HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD Member

Plows are ready . I still have two spreaders to hook up

10. raptorman03

raptorman03 Senior Member

I need to go buy a tranny cooler befor i go out :dizzy:

11. drplow

drplow Senior Member

i need to dig my plow up out of the back yard from last season.

12. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Plow is on the 1/2 ton backup truck.

Plow and sander are on the one ton, checked and ready to go. Backed into the garage so all I have to do is hook up the engine heater a few hours before I go, hit the garage door opener and drive out - plowing as I go. :waving:

13. The Boss

Mick's signature says it all. :D :drinkup:

14. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I have to change the throttle control on one of the salters and I am good to go. Going out to buy it this morning.

15. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Got the fluid changed in the plows this weekend. Put a new battery on the ATV. Install the spreader wires & headache rack on the 93 F250. Install plow deflectors when DHL delivers them. Then wait on the Good Lord to supply us with SNOW! :waving:

16. homey1

homey1 Member

Give me one more week on the snow guys...
    I sold my old '89 Bronco w/Fisher last week and the dealer can't install my new BOSS on my F250 until next Monday!! I feel naked with out a plow!!

17. The Boss

The new hub is on, chassis is lubed, all fluids are checked, tires are rotated, door hinges and weather stripping is all lubed, and tool box is cleaned out and stocked. Hopefully doing the interior tomorrow depending on the rain. All that's left is change oil and buy salt for ballast and spread.